Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow installing apps on iOS device

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have setup an Afaria 7.0 SP03 HF06 HF07 Server.
We have only iOS (iPAD) devices.
We want to install Appstore apps, but only those apps which are visible within the Afaria Client, with disbled feature ''Allow installing apps'' in the restriction policies, because we don't want users to install additional Appstore apps.
Can Afaria be configured in a way I outlined above, or workaround somehow?

In a timeline we want to have the ability to revoke and add new apps

Can anyone confirm if above is possible or not.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Jacco Raymakers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can block the apps store in IOS device.

Please refer the below link to understand more on Appstore.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2013/10/22/afaria--creating-your-own-app-store-with-afaria

Blocking Appstore Refer the below link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48404

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but then you can set up the Enterprise App Store with app hosted with the Apple App Store....

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter for your reply.

But in this case customer only uses Apps from App store.

I don't know if want to react.

Otherwise I will close this discussion.

BR

Jacco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can go with Apps from App store and link to afaria enterprise app store

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have apps from Apple App Store required for your business then you can't block users from installing apps from the App Store. This is where the app comes from even if you deploy using MDM or user manually downloads. Same thing.

So, in short, don't clear "Allow installing apps" in restrictions because this will block your means of deploying your business apps.

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only deploy Apple App Store Apps if you also allow the user to go to the App Store also. You can't by some magic get Afaria (or other MDMs) to block the app store as you describe. Sorry 🙂

If you mark applications as "Deployed using MDM protocol" then you can add and also remove them again. If the apps are not installed in this precise way you can't revoke/remove them again from MDM

BR

Peter