cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elster LStA, LStB, ELStAM with SAP PI 7.11 - Configuration for SAP Systems with multiple Clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing a little problem while configure the Elster scenario with SAP PI 7.11.

The sending backend system is installed with multiple clients. In our case 100 and 300.

My question is how to configure the SAP HCM system and the pi scenario.

I created 2 sender rfc channels with the same program id. The difference between the configuration is only the logon client (100 / 300)

On SAP HCM side there is one rfc connection of type T with the program id

When we run the test i got on my channel the following error:

Verarbeitungsfehler verursacht durch: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier (CPA party/service/channel ''/'???CLNT300'/'RFC2XMBSERVICE_HCM_Elster', lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier for party '', schema 'TechnicalSystem' with '???#100' returned party/service of ''/???CLNT100')

I suppose that the problem is with the same program id and the different technical systems but I really don't know how to configure it correct.

Should i use different program id´s and different rfc connections + customizing in each client for the rfc connection?

I searched the sdn and the sap notes but got no answer for my problem.

best regards

Michael Eckstein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think you'll need two RFC connections in SM59, one for each client. You'll probably also have to define two Sender Communication Channels and two separate complete configurations in PI, one for each client. You might have to define different server programs in the CCs, for example including client information in the name.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

actual we have implemented it as you wrote. We define 2 RFC Connections with client in the name and added at the program id the client to. Also we customized for each client the rfc connection in the HCM system.

On PI side i changed the program id for each sender rfc channel.

In our tests it works fine and with the actual knowledge we will implement it for out multi client systems as written.

many thanks

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

on first try i configured it as follow:

1. HCM: one rfc connection which is listening on programm_id  "rfc_elster"

2. HCM: no entries for sap gw

3. PI: 2 communication channels for each client whith the same programm_id "rfc_elster"

best regards

Michael

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

That is strange, you should be able to use the same rfc destination since it is not client-dependent. The sender RFC channel in XI would determine from which client it is sent. How did you configure it by the way? Is it via this one

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte...

or you used the settings found in SAPSLDAPI/LCRSAPRFC?

Regards,

Mark