cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment transfer from SC to Backend-PO with double file extension

0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are using SRM 7.02 classic scenario with creating a PO in backend ECC 6.0.

While transferring the SC with attachment to backend and creating a PO, this happens in backend:

Is somebody out there, who has an idea, why the system doubles the file extension???

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

SAP delivered the Solution with SAP Note 1969252.

Regards Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

how is this attachment shown in SRM?

Regards

Konstantin

0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

in the detailed item view of sc it shows normal, like abc.pdf, but i dont know the table who stores the filename and extension in SRM.

Regards

Thomas

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I had an issue, when file description (not file name) was Mappe1.pdf.

By the transfer system tried to concatenate description with extension, and I received Mappe.pdf.pdf in the backend. Could be you have the same issue. Try to delete extension from attachment description.

What do you get, if you call BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL for your shopping cart? How the attachments tables are filled?

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you on SRM EHP2 SP08 ?

This looks like a side effect in the standard code introduced by note 1822503 - SRM Attachment with '.' in filename is not transfered to ECC.

If you want to debug it, please see below:

You should create a shopping cart with a pdf attachment just like the one in example you gave and save it.

Put a break point in FM B46C_ATTACHMENT_CREATE.

Try executing the FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER for the shopping cart. You will see the complete file name being sent to ECC at line "append lt_attach_docfiles." in FM B46C_ATTACHMENT_CREATE

Regards,

Sushil.

Message was edited by: Sushil Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I think you are right. We investigated the behaviour of BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER regarding B46C_ATTACHMENT_CREATE and there its "concatenating" the name and extension.

Now I try to get a SAP Note or an other solution directly from SAP (we made an OSS call).

Thanks so far. If there is a SAP solution, I will post it here and say thank you the SDN-way.

Regards

Thomas