Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 User copy issue after Upgrade to ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we have upgraded our SAP system from 4.6C to ECC 6(EHP 6). After the upgrade, when we are trying to copy any new user ID from an existing user ID through SU01, the roles that are preassigned to the existing user are not getting copied to the new user.

All the Indirect role assignments are not getting copied. There is no issues with the roles that are manually assigned to the user. For example if a user has 3 direct role assignments and 5 indirect role assignments and if we are trying to copy a new user from this existing user, only the 3 direct assignment roles are getting copied to the new user. The indirect role assignments are not getting copied.

Whereas the same scenario is working fine in the older version 4.6C. Please let me know what could be the probable reason for this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakshmi Ganipineni.

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Lakshmi

All the Indirect role assignments are not getting copied.

Unless the SU01 account happens to be assigned to the HR structure where the indirect access comes from, doesn't this sound look a good thing?

Regards

Colleen

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Colleen mentioned this seems right. So if user has a valid link to employee record (inforecord 105) then he/she will get all roles based on org. assignment when PFUD is executed next time. If older version was copying indirectly assigned roles then it was wrong. I quickly tried to find a note related to this behavior but I could not find any.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Upon further investigation it has been observed that this issue is because of a missing Relationship entry in the US_ACTGR Evaluation path (T-code OOAW or TableT77AW).

The missing relationship is B002 (O-O) relation. This entry is existing in the T77AW table of the 4.6 system. And hence there are no issues in 4.6 user copy. So we have decided to add this entry in the new ECC system as well.

Now my query is whether the missing entry is a standard one or has been manually added to the table in the old system. If it is a standard one, then why is it missing in ECC system? Is there a way to find the standard table entries for T77AW for 4.6 system. However I managed to get this list for ECC from some other links.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakshmi Ganipineni.