Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user creation +user types defining

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Security gurus,

I am having one doubt while creating the users in Production server .

We are having 50 users license ,while purchasing license from SAP they have given user types LPU ,PU user types.

I want to know what is LPU and PU ?

While creating the users what I need to select in the license option in SU01.

Please suggest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone in your company should be able to show you the actual contract. There the user type numbers are present and their proper description.

That should also help you activate the proper price list and user types in USMM. If you only enable the relevant license types classification of the users is a simpler task.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the link : http://scn.sap.com/thread/1424294

" Limited Professional user can only have one Change Txn and rest all will be display transaction's only , whereas this restriction doenot applied to professional user

Refer:

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-overview/help-to-understand-sap-licenses.htm"

0 Kudos

I've not seen a licence definition of LP based around the "one change transaction" rule.  I don't doubt it is out there but looking at one of the more recent descriptions of LP it can be (and is) interpreted as being more flexible than 1 update tx & the rest display

"SAP Application Limited Professional User is a Named User authorized to perform limited operational roles supported by the licensed Software ...."

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Someone in your company should be able to show you the actual contract. There the user type numbers are present and their proper description.

That should also help you activate the proper price list and user types in USMM. If you only enable the relevant license types classification of the users is a simpler task.