cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change recipients of workflow mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Since IDM 7.2 SP4 I think is the “Approval task” under the “Approval tab” adjustable.

I set up an Worklfow triggered by role assignment.

If the Worklfow is approved by the role owner, the “completed notification” message is sent to the user who got the role.

But I don’t want that in this case.

Instead the "completed notification" message should be sent to the employee's supervisor.

How can the recipient of the “completion message” be changed?

The same question I have with the “event started” mails.

PASSWORD_RESET; PASSWORD_CHANGED; CREATE_USER; MODIFY_USER; DELETE_USER; ASSIGN_USER; REVOKE_USER; ENABLE_USER; DISABLE_USER; ROLE_ASSIGNED; ROLE_REVOKED of the

the mails are sent for example if the password of the usere is changed.

The affected user gets the the mail.

How can another recipient be determined?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are actually two different notification types. One is from the framework and notifies events, the other is specific to the new approval mechanism.

In any case, you need to modify task "2866/Assignment Notification" which you have selected as the notification task here, and modify the script where it looks at the template type and do something like this:

lTemplateName = checkVar(ctxVars.getProperty ("#MSG_TEMPLATE"),".....

IF lTemplateName=Assignment completed notification" {

lRecipients = <Get recipients supervisors function>

} else {

lRecipients = checkVar(ctxVars.getProperty("#MSG_RECIPIENTS"),"Assignm....

}

Just remember that the change will be overwritten when importing updated versions of the assigment notification later.

Another alternative is to make this a workflow with two tasks,

- Assignment Notification (new ordered task)

-Set New Recipients if Completed notification (new action, replace the #MSG_RECPIENTS context var with supervisors in case of completion message)

-Assignment Notification (unchanged notification action)

Hope this helps you along the way.

Br,

Per Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard

You can't within the approval task I believe.  You can set up separate notification tasks that can be triggered on approval / rejection and pass off from the approval task to these as required - change the notification like on the approval task and then have your logic in there to determine where the approval notification should go.

Peter

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt there is no other way than use a customized task. If you copy that notification task in MMC, modify the copy to send the notification to which recipient you want to and link the copy in the approval task.

Did the same for "assignment failure" in Sp4 so that security admin gets the message about assignment failure not user's manager which was the standard.