cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction for Material Component creation after release of WBS.

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please help me, I have multiple WBS User Status. Management need the settings to restrict the user to create Material component after WBS Release. We have created user status REL - Released for WBS but after release user states not moved on REL.

Please let me know that which Business Transactions will be used in REL - Release user status and how it will move on REL.

Surjit Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the WBS element click on the blue i next to the list of statuses, then click on the Business process tab.  This will show you what is allowed or forbidden.  Select a process and click on Trnasaction Analysis to see what status is controlling the process.

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

I have checked that "Material Purchase Requisition" business process is forbidden but still user able to create PR under released WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the "Acct. assignment order/project" business process.

Do your PRs have materials on them or are they just text PRs?

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes PRs have materials.

I have just select business transaction in user status RELD as below.

Let me suggest if required any other business transaction to restrict Material PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something else is going on because I have created a User Status in a test system with just preventing the Material PR business process and I was stopped when I created a PR in ME51N.

How are your users creating PRs?

Make sure in the WBS that the User Status is active and hasn't been changed automatically per the settings in the Profile.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kel,

I am also facing this problem.

You are right as per your testing system not allows the creating of PR throguh ME51n and user sttus works fine.

But when you create PR through project systems in CJ20N by assigning material component to neiwork activity it not works.

I think sujit is also facing the same problem.

How to restice the PR creation with current user status setting through project system CJ20N

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep and Sujit,

With material component assignment under NWA user status prohibits the PR creation though user are able to create PR by manually selecting field reservation relevance/purchase req. (RESBD-AUDISP) in component verview screen. To restrict this ,make use of "transaction and screen variants (SHD0)" to make this field non-editable. Also make sure that under control tab of network , field ' Res./Purc.req.' is non-editable.

Regards

Saurabh

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sourabh,

You answer is to restice the PR creation permanently through project.

Here project PR are created from project screen through CJ20N.

Requirement is to restict the PR creation in slected user status's. After setting thses statuses still system allows to create PR from CJ20N but through Me51N it works fiine.

Please provide the solution for CJ20N

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me the following:

What is the setting of field 'Res./Purch.req.' (CAUFVD-AUDISP) in control tab of network?

Also, make sure that you have assigned your status profile under respective 'Network types'  (OPSC)

Regards

Saurabh

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sourabh,

User status already asigned to network type that why we came to know that user status settings are not working.

To craete the PR always we have to mantin the "Immidiatelly" in setting of field 'Res./Purch.req.' (CAUFVD-AUDISP) in control tab of network.

PLease replicate the sceneraio to know the system behaviour.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP Note 497090.

User status cannot be used to prevent automatic PR creation from the Project.

There are 2 workarounds:

1.  When you attach the component you need to set the PR/Res indicator to NEVER.  The material will still show in the planned cost but no PR or reservation will be created.  When you are ready to release it change the setting to IMMEDIATLEY.

2.  Use a PR release procedure which will prevent the PR from becoming a PO unril it is released.  This is a MM function.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In Network 'Change Status' ensure that you have maintained the relevant status profile there.

Also,please note that once the n/w is released then you have to maintain the new status profile in network manually (if system permits then only you can maintain) . If you cant then after release of the network the settings of OK02 and OPSC wont work .

Regards

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sourabh,

My requirement is different. I dont want to allow assignment of material components at any stage.

Regards,

Pradeep

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,

My requirement is to disllow the material PR creation if WBS status is CRTD.

I have forbidden the material PR and PO in business transcaction. But from project CJ20N it is allowing.

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Include material debit/credit also as 'forbid'  and check.

I did all the related settings in the past and got the desired results. Something is missing in your settings.

Regards

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh

My organization need not to create material component from CJ20N after release of activity. So please let me know that how could we restrict the user.

I have created screen variant and set Res. / Pur. Req. "From Release" default but after release of activity when I create new material component system automatically set "Immediately" option in new.

Please suggest that what I do. It is very urgent.

Surjit Singh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in OPUU: Network Profile whether Res./Purc. req. is set to '3' . Make it '2' : from release.

Regards

surjitsingh1209
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I alrady have done the changes in Network Profile but it's not work.

I need to restrict the user after release of activity. In attachment I have shown that the user are able to create the material componebt after release of activity and when he will create the component systen automatically assign Res./Pur. Req. indicator "3" which I have set "2" using screen varient.

Please check and suggest me.

Thanks and regards.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surjit,

It is standard Surjit. You have restricted the PR of material component until release of activity earlier.So,when you attached very first component "Res.Purc.Req." indicator is 'From release:2' . Then you released your activity and a PR was triggered for that component. Now,from now onwards if you attach any material further,system will create a PR immediately because the current status of your activity is REL(that is why it is coming as 3 automatically).User status and variant has served its purpose and now it's working as per standard.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make the "Res.Purc.Req." indicator setting Never-1.

If the setting is Immediately-3 you cannot prevent the PR creation with a User Status.