cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Contract End Date, can VBAK-GUEEN act as VEDA-VENDDAT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if my input would be Customer and Contract end Date range, can i use VBAK-GUEEN as Contract end date?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can but in some cases, it would be different from line item data (VENDDAT).

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks!

in my requirement line item end dates are not required at all, we need to fetch docs based on header contract end dates only, eg. for an customer all quotes/contracts ending in a particular month.

We get performance issues in VBAK if we take KUNNR VKORG VBTYP in VBAK to pass in VEDA for VENDDAT.

However we were not sure what info is captured in VBAK-GUEEN, as its not available/displayed in GUI. how can we confirm that header VEDA-VENDDAT and VBAK-GUEEN are same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Valid-To date of the document header will be stored in VBAK-GUEEN and contract end date can be maintained at the line item level as well.But,In general,contract end date will be available at header and at item level as well.

As you are getting performance issues in VBAK,my suggestion is to check in VEDA table.

If the contract end date is same for header and line item,then there will be only one entry in VEDA table.If the values are different for contract end date is different for header and item,there will be two entries in VEDA table.If you change the contract end date value at the line item level(for example,delete the existing value.Save the order and re-enter the same value),then there will be two values in VEDA table.

Regards,

Mohan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How you have created contract and what document type, item category and process you are using? I am asking this because in my case I am getting contract end date in VBAK- GUEEN and in my opinion you can get all your required information VBAK table. VEDA table is empty for my contract

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you please inform what are the performance issues you are facing???

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

see, i need docs based on cont end date (header) , so 1st we are taking all docs of the customer from VBAK and then filter the list using VEDA-VENDDAT, but here we have lots of data in VBAK, hence i wanted to know if we can take VBAK-GUEEN instead of VEDA-VENDDAT.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks dear--for sharing the performance issues...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i wanted to know if we can take VBAK-GUEEN instead of VEDA-VENDDAT

Yes you can take as I already said but can you please let me know being it is a contract, why you were trying to validate in VBAK instead of VEDA which we normally do ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

for eg if i have a customer 123 who has 1000 contracts and 50 are expiring this month, i need only docs tht expire on this month, here we are taking customer, sales org & doc type and find all docs in VBAK then we take these docs in VEDA to filter documents having contract end date within this month. so the problem is when customer has thousands of records in VBAK....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you wanted to know only those contracts which are going to expire and if you feel that system performance is affecting in VBAK, I would recommend you to try with the following:-

Execute VBAK and your input parameters should be

• Customer Code
  • Document Type
  • Valid To (GUEEN)

Maintain the above three data and execute so that system will populate only those contracts instead of 1000 since you are restricting the search criteria by maintaining "Valid To"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!

and one more thing i wanted to know, for few doc types GUEEN was blank, can i assume that only for contracts and quotes for contracts this field is updated? as i found that for few doc types GUEEN is blank.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes only for contracts, this field would be updated and for sale order, there is no concept called Order Valid to, this field would be blank.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.