Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersession in ECC or APO

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate the the supersession concept and I see that this can be implemented in both ECC and SCM (APO). I did try to review the sap help but could not get a clear picture about the difference between implementing it in ECC and SCM. I figured that it impacts mainly the Inventory Management, SD, MM and PP areas in ECC. Can someone highlight the key differences about the supersession, Interchangeability and impact of this on MM, SD and PP modules.

Thanks

Shriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Rahul and Sourabh, It helps. I have been researching a little more on this and found that Industry Solution DIMP has this FFFC, Supersession and PIC functionality in ECC itself. I am trying to understand the difference of these functionalities in ECC vs it in SCM. Are there any limitations for this. I believe there has been some significant changes after EHP5. Can you guys through in some thoughts about it. Appreciate your help.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

Settings in APO are used while planning, you can use interchangeability data while planning in APO.

In ECC it is more to do with execution part of it, and every module PP / MM / SD have configuration options for using interchangeability.

Use of interchangeability varies from module to module.

SD: it is more to do with sales cycle, if customer asks for material A, can i offer material B etc.

MM: Related to Procurement, not able to give you examples for this.

PP: Production Planning related, If we need to make product A, what possible options can i substitute the same with, or if i need x component while making product A can i use component y instead.

Rgds

Sourabh 

Former Member
0 Kudos

If material is being planned in APO (MRP Type X0), I think you should do supersession chain /  Interchangeability setting in APO only. If material is being planned in ECC then you can make it in ECC. If it is more than two levels you can do it in SCM/APO. There are many options within supersession, e.g. direction (forward or full); use-up, etc, you can explore options in APO, using tcode /INCMD/UI - Maintenance of Interchageable groups and then decide what suits you.