cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create new DC, "No character set defined for category SAP_DevelopmentComponentName"

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a new DC in NWDS, we receive the following error:

No character set defined for category SAP_DevelopmentComponentName

As I suspect this error originates from SLD I have searched high and low, but couldn't find any hints...

In addition, our defines name prefixes don't show up either, but I don't think this is related.

We have upgraded our NWDI / SLD from 7.0 to 7.3, on the old environment this has never posed an issue

Currently it stops us from doing any new developments, so if anyone have seen this behavior and knows how to tackle that would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Robin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Robin,

how are you? Long time no speak.

Yes, I saw this error before. This is going to be related to your SLD content.

Go to SLD -- CIM instances -- Select "Development Component Name" and click on any entry there. Then select the tab XML, and check the content. Look for the property definition Separator.

<PROPERTY NAME="Separator" TYPE="string" CLASSORIGIN="SAP_DesignTimeName">

<VALUE>/</VALUE>

</PROPERTY>

What can you see at the VALUE tag?

If you see a case where the Value is empty or has some incorrect value, then the note

"1816503 - NWDS not identifying Vendor/Name Prefix defined in SLD"

might come in handy (even if the symptom description is not perfectly addressing your case).

Cheers, I hope this helps,

Ervin

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

All is good, thanks!

I have checked, and the contents of the <VALUE> tag for proerty Separator is "/" so exactly what you have posted as well...

Since it mentions a missing character set, do you happen to know where this is defined for SAP_DevelopmentComponentName (it is displayed when creating a new DC, so it's not something I would find in the existing DC properties I would think?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

after I talked to my colleagues, still we think the SLD content has to be updated.

"1816503 - NWDS not identifying Vendor/Name Prefix defined in SLD"

Can you please check whether it helps?

Regards,

Ervin

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Updating the CIM indeed did the trick. Thanks for your valuable help, much appreciated!

Best,

R.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Robin,

Good news! I am glad to hear it! 😉

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)