cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in Web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I have requirement for displaying message with URL at end of message.

We have to display a message and at the end message ,a link should be displayed with text  "DETAILS" , and when user clicks on this URL assigned should be opened.

Two possibilities

1.  Activate ENABLE_MESSAGE_NAVIGATION when reporting message using method report_message of message manager.

Problem:Displays completed message as link

2. Maintain message in SE91 with long text and report this message using method report_t100_message of message manager .

Problem: At the end it displays link as 'Display Help'

My idea is prepare two messages by calling report_message of message manager by deactivating ENABLE_MESSAGE_NAVIGATION first time and activating ENABLE_MESSAGE_NAVIGATION for second time.

Then display two messages in one row.

Is this possible ? or do you have any other solution ?

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Are you using FPM framework for your development?

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KH ,

We are using FPM framework

Regards,

Satya

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

It sounds like what you are trying to do is what the "Display Help" link was intended for, but your customer wants the link to read "Details" instead of "Display Help".

The "Display Help" text comes from text symbol A01 in class CL_WDR_MESSAGE_AREA. The text symbol is assigned to a dynamically created LinkToAction element called HELP_LINK in private method CL_WDR_MESSAGE_AREA->CREATE_MSG_LIST. However, there is no interface exposed that would allow you to change this text to read something else like "Details".

Depending on how critical the text is to the customer, there is the possibility to "translate" this text symbol to another phrase, though the change would be global.

Another option could be enhancement of the CL_WDR_MESSAGE_AREA->CREATE_MSG_LIST method.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy ,

Thanks for the response.

1. Option : I can not change translation because , as you said messages from other application may affect , which I do not want

2. Option : Looks promising.

I will try to implement this. only constraint is:  Should be able to restrict only for this application. So I will check this.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya