cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy to SOAP(synchronous scenario- third party wsdl)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are doing ABAP Proxy to SOAP (third party synchronous wsdl) sync scenario . The  request message is going successfully from ECC to Webservice(wsdl ).  but the response message from third party wsdl is not able  to trigger the method on server proxy and also we tested on ecc side with proxy test method and  what  we noticed that the orginal response has payload message generated but the node generated for response  is showing empty .

Can anyone has faced this type of issue? please help ?

Thanks in advance

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

Could you test using SOAP UI  and validate the response .if the validation is ok may be problem with your proxy structure its's should  re generate the proxy again or if you find any problem with response structure just convey the information with you  concern person for the correct response structure  for modification.

Recently i have faced the same issue .that issue with third party WSDL.We traced with  SOAP UI response validation.

Regards

Ravi.

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your answer. The problem was in the service itself and not in the proxy. Therefore everything is now working fine.

Thanks again for trying to help.

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution (or  root cause) of this problem ?

I have the same issue now and I have not been able to find the cause or solution yet. I only find forum messages like this one where there is no answer or root cause description.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The usual cause of this issue is in the response message mapping. If the tags are not correct, it will be blank. The best course would be to load the payload from the response and run it in message mapping.

Regards,

Mark

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your answer.

The problem has been solved. The issue was in the service that I was calling and not in the roxy or anywhere else at the SAP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in PI, I hope you are well defined the service interface of your ECC proxy as a "Synchronous" interface, is that correct ?

And also, in PI, I hope you are well defined the service interface of your 3rd party web service(WS) as a "Synchronous" interface, is that correct ?

And then did a mapping from your proxy.request to WS.request, and also a mapping from WS.response to proxy.response, is that correct ?

And then, you properly gave these request mapping and response mapping into your Operation Mapping (tab Request + tab Response), is that correct ?

If you have at least one "NO" at one of these questions, you badly defined your Synchronous flow !

regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have defined SAP(outbound request as synchronous) & third party wsdl(inbound) as synchronous.

Only issue we are facing is empty tags(in form of payload) been generated from response received from WSDL.

Hope this answers your query!..

Regards

Chaithanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Correct me if i misunderstood ur question, If u r getting empty response from WS then u have to check the same from ur target application?

And if in case, you are receiving response from WS but the the ECC response structure is not getting generated properly then u have to check ur response mapping (might be some namespace issue)?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Empty Response is below-->

Original response tab  with payload from third party wsdl referring below-->

Can you please let us know why both are deferring , any SAP setting required..

Hope this understands my query..

Regards

Chaithanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaithanya,

so that should be ok.

in SXMB_MONI, can you pick-up the XML response returned by your Web service ? (that depends of your trace level, as synchornous)

Do web service response is empty ?

and then could you test your MessageMapping from WebService.response to proxy.response ?

Do you also have empty tags ?

regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for you inputs.

We are getting correct response Sxmb_Moni of ECC, but when we see same in SPROXY. Tags are empty under Response Tab. Where as under Original Response tab Payload looks good.

Have tried as said by you above same payload from Moni(RWB). Received empty tags only.

Can you please guide through..

Regards

Chaithanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as your mapping for response is returning empty tags... you certainly have an issue inside this mapping ! No !

check your mapping rules, and especially those on 1st tags.

regards.

Mickael

vedrankubelka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

whats you mean about

"but the response message from third party wsdl is not able  to trigger the method on server proxy"?

In synchonous scenario you send and receive message in one function. You call outbound proxy and on same place you receive response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vedran,

personally, I'm the feeling Chaitanya defined TWO asynchronous service interfaces for his/her ECC proxy...

regards

Mickael