cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo WBS System Status Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a error while undo the system status from CLSD back to REL.

Please help me to understand and fix.

Error msg screen is attached.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yousuf,

You are supposed to first undo the status for the next level WBS(all individually)) which is under Asset WBS. Once you do this, you will be able undo the status change in the asset WBS.

Kindly try this & give feedback.

Regards,

Gaurav Sharma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just Undo Status CLSD - then you can see Status TECO for the WBSE, then Undo Status TECO then you can see Status REL, before saving  Check your AUC and go through all the tabs of AUC - may be somthing is missing at AUC level. thats why system is giving the message- correct it and then save project.

I have simulated same thing here but I did not get any such error.

Ideally this should not happen because when you were released WBSE at first time that time only you could have faced this issue - error while processing AUC.

still you can give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I tried doing the same as you said but when i happen to save, i still get the same error.

I also simulated by creating project, posting cost and settling it to AUC then to FXA and undo the status to REL and it happens in my testing system.

Its just holding me up in production system, Not sure what/where i am missing.

Which parameter of AUC, You want me to check exactly & how ?

Thanks in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the standard capital automatic processes?

the standard automatic process is to create an AuC when the WBS is released and add it to the settlement rule.  When the WBS is set to TECO a final fixed asset created and added to the settlement rule in place of the AuC settlement.  The AuC is also transferred to the FA.

From TECO you can set the WBS to CLSD. 

Sounds like you need to research the FA and AuC in order to reverse the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply,

@ Uday, AUC has been settled to FXA, But still when i happen to UNDO the status from closed to REL. It is throwing me the error.

@ Guarav - I have my system status as " CLSD BUDG AUC  AVAC SETC " now. From which i want to undo the CLSD status back to REL.

Project structure is very simple., Proj definition > WBS1> Network1 > activity1

Network system status is "ACAS MANC NMAT NTUP PRC  PREL "

I tried to undo the system status to activity first individually and getting the same error before i do the wbs.

@ Ken - I am using the standard automatic process is to create an AuC when the WBS is released.

Appreciate all your help guys.

Thanks Again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use AS02 to try and change the AuC and see what the error is.

This message is a generic message when there is an error with the asset. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

What info you want me to change on the AUC in AS02.

Do i have to alter any date change or so.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try to change anyhting and see if you get an asset error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to change anything on Asset as its related to issue in Production. And the de-activation date is greyed out.

I believe the Asset is de-activated and has the activation date, Hence the error which doesnot allow me to change the status on Project or Individual WBS.

Ken, Do you agree with my understanding ?

Thanks

uday_sapps
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

As per screen shot and error message.

There is AUC is created after release, which might be having some value which is posted after settlement.

And without settling the AUC to Fixed asset the status has changed to CLSD.

Please Check and let me Know it has worked or not.

Regards

UK