cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 Notifications in Multiple Languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Gurus,

In my Organization, We have a requirement to support French Language due to legal requirements in the Quebec provinvce. This means that all notifications to users in the Quebec province will have to be delivered in French.

I have researched this in as far as:

• French Language has to be implemented as a prerequisite in SMLT
  • The standard notification templates will be available in French language once the language pack is installed

The issue i have here is:

can the notifications be sent to different sets of users in different languages? I see that that one message class can only be associated with one document object. Is there a way to get around this to define who will get the notification in French and who will get it in English probaly based on USER GROUP or DEFAULT LANGUAGE

Ofcourse, the message documents can be modified to present it in both English and French to make it easier but in future if there are legal requirement in others countries it does not make sense to keep adding the message body in all the required languages

Can you please help?

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

For workflow driven notifications in our system we use the attribute called "Communication Language" which you could maintain for each user in SU01 -> Language attribute in Address tab.

To enable the reference to the communication language within the notification handler we used IMG activity "Maintain Workflow Notifications" (SPRO -> Governance, Risk and Compliance -> General Settings -> Workflow -> Workflow E-mail Notifications). In this maintenance you would need to go to General Settings and set parameter WI_TASK_LANGUAGE to 'C'.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Moldir Abdikerim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I was looking into a similar requirement and came to the early conclusion that GRC is not smart enough to handle multi language notifications.

The reason why I say this is that whilst you can create multiple documents in SE61 in different languages, it looks like you can only create a single message class that gets aligned into MSMP, i.e no choice of multiple languages there.

What I am unsure about (as I have never bothered to investigate it) is the "message number" column in the "Variables & Templates" section of MSMP. I am unsure if you can send a number of messages for the same template and message class.

Also, I am unsure how GRC checks the user's logged in language and selects the document template.

Have you considered having the content of the email contain dual languages? i.e. first paragraph in English, second in French etc?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harinam,

you can check the language in the url address:

&sap-language=EN

The document language is always picked on behalf of the logged user who submits the request.

Personally I do maintain the same document body for all languages. That means that my emails are always multi-lingual as you cannot determine the language of the receipient. It then looks like:

The following access request needs to be reviewed (English)

Die nachfolgende Anforderung muss von Ihnen geprüft werden (German)

etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

So have you managed to get the message class to pick the specific languaged document based on the user's logon-language?

Also, what happens in the scenario of when say the requestor logged in with the "EN" language selection, but the approver's default language is actually "French"? Would GRC determine the notification language based on the person who executerd the request rather than the expected recipient (who may not be logged onto the system)?

I will be honest and say that usually I have taken the lazy/safer approach of having the same notification but with dual content in 2 languages like you have described above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Note 1742424 - Translate the Notification Template in SE61 , to do via SE63 that is, did the job for me at least for PSS and Firefighter notifications. Notifications are received in language of user logged on. I did not yet check it for other (workflow) messages as those may have to do with text/language settings from earlier approvers etc etc.

Before using this we also had in each notification multiple languages, but text elements inserted by abap code were again matched to language of user logged on. That looked a bit inconsistent. Now end users get a dedicated message for just their language.

You may want to give this note a try.

Cheers,

George