Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display SAP Business Workplace outbox in WebDynpro ABAP

renejurmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to display the SAP Business Workplace inbox in SAP Portal we can use the SAP UWL.

But how to display the SAP Business Workplace outbox in SAP Portal? Is there any ABAP WebDynpro in place?

Use case:

A user starts a request/workflow via a WebDynpro within the SAP Portal. Now he wants to check the processed status of this request within portal.

But as the workflow is started by him and no task is assigned to him he can't see this within the UWL.

So, how could we manage it to get all workflows / work items started by the current user and display those within some WebDynpro ABAP (incl. some customized fields)?

regards

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can display in UWL every object that exist in SBWP. You just have to find the good filters regarding notification types and object status. Maybe by creating your own view in UWL with filtering only on initiator field of workflow items for example.

The link to UWL configuration help : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/39/a1bb5c4c0d4ab4a417e87ef35f1efa/frameset.htm

If you're looking for SBWP notifications (note workflow items) to appear in UWL there is a specific connector shipped by SAP called Sonic Connector which can help you retrieve more items in UWL :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/8525afd0-0d01-0010-aaa0-ac6b9e3a2907

This is the approach from UWL side.

If you still want to go for a full specific Web Dynpro ABAP approach you'll have to do it all by yourself using the standard functions used in SBWP itself.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

renejurmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you're right, the UWL displays the outbox below "Completed Items".

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can suggest one Non UWL approach if relevant e.g. if you are using NWBC, you can use assign role

SAP_BC_BMT_WFM_NWBC_END_USER to your user, in that view you can go to 'workflows executed by me' query.