Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDUG / CLM for PC 10 : mass upload of subprocess assignment to Organizations

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This may seem naive but I have a simple question for those who have done it.

Is it possible to use MDUG / CLM in PC 10 to assign subprocesses to organization for mass data? This is in reference with first time and subsequent uploads.

If yes, I wonder where I missed the option in MDUG download template? I have not tried in CLM yet and so would like to know if anyone may have used a combined solution of MDUG and CLM for such drawbacks?

If NO, what is the best way to upload such assignments of sub processes to organizations and avoid the manual solution via front end?

Thanks,

Mohammed Kashif M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

Yes, it is possible and recommended to use MDUG/CLM in PC10.0 to assign subprocesses to organizations. Wherever the master data is shared between AC and PC, such as organization, process, and subprocesses, those could be loaded with MDUG.

Use GRFN_MDUG to download the data, Kindly refer SAP note 1563286  -MDUG (Master Data Upload Generator) for PC 10.0 for the detailed explanation.

However, you can also get this done with the help of CLM which is designed to address bulk amount of data into the system at even a faster pace. CLM can let you edit, upload and deploy the content in mass.

Additionally, CLM is much more optimized and helpful when transporting the data from one system to another.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet for responding,

I have checked the downloaded MDUG template and I do not see any worksheet that maps subprocesses to the organization which will enable mass assignment of subprocesses to the organization.

Thanks,

Mohammed Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kashif,

Kindly confirm which SP you are currently having..

refer SAP Note: 1563286 and the attached file as well.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member566284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

I had reviewed this SNOTE earlier and this does not mention uploading of local control data. If you read the upgrade guide attached in the SNOTE in the section "3.3 Maintain data" in this, you may realise that all the detail is relevant to central data upload and not local.

I am interested to know where you read upload of mass subprocess assignment in the MDUG User Guide or in the MDUG template.

My version of PC 10 is 13 and hence well above the required version 10 as per the SNOTE.

I hope this answers your query. Please suggest if you have uploaded MDUG for mass assignment of sub processes.

Thanks,

Mohammed Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I'm answering in context of  CLM.  According to me its not possible to mass upload "assignment of sub process to organization".  The sub process to organization would be local sub process and this local maintainance of data is not possible via CLM.

Cheers !!

Manish Jha