cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the additional PI boxes in federation with the central PI box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently we are about to start the POC for my client, and the scenarion is like this

We have a ECC system( which will send the IDOC ) and it will be received by my central PI system.( which is is in UK).

we have two scenarios.

1) The IDOC will trigger from ECC and then it will go to central PI system and then it has to go to local PI system and then to the third party system.

2) The IDOC will trigger from ECC system and then it has to go to the local PI and then to the central PI box and then to the third party system.

Can you please let me know how can achieve these two scenarios and how to install local PI boxes in federation with the central PI box.

The client is present in multiple locations( UK,AUS,US), they want to install the additional PI boxes in AUS and US and they want to have a federation with central PI system which present in UK.

Regards,

Pradeep J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

My few cents,

1) The IDOC will trigger from ECC and then it will go to central PI system and then it has to go to local PI system and then to the third party system.

You could do a ccBPM for this or :

A) central PI system: scenario IDOC  - SOAP (in this receiver side you configure the PI local systems). You will need a value in the data of the IDOC to choose the receiver channel that it will define what PI local system to send the IDOC.

B) Local PI System: scenario SOAP - adapter for the third system (RFC, file, SOAP, etc it depends about the third system connectivity.

2) The IDOC will trigger from ECC system and then it has to go to the local PI and then to the central PI box and then to the third party system.

Similar to the below case, you only need to rewrite the A) PI central scenario in the local PI systems.

The client is present in multiple locations( UK,AUS,US), they want to install the additional PI boxes in AUS and US and they want to have a federation with central PI system which present in UK.

From my point of view,  i would study the possibility of not purchase local PI's. You can check the PCK (partner connectivity kit) option, with this you could take the design of the central PI and to make into them only the local configuration.

There are another options like de-central adapter engine. If the local connectivity doesn't need special and unique developments, i would not purchase an entire PI for them.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

Answers (0)