cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic pegging issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We want to use use dynamic pegging with all products, so we've use Pegging strategy = 1 (FIFO) and 100.000 hours as the Max Earliness and Max Lateness of a Receipt. Additionaly we´ve used the standard heuristic SAP_PP_002 as the product heuristic in the Product Master.

When we run a Product Heuristic for a material that have two FC Reqs with differents dates (500 Kg Nov 28th /and 800kg Nov 30th), the system creates Planned Orders according to the specified lot size (1300 kg on Nov 28th).

The Planned order balanced the requirements and the receipts. However the pegging is only associated with the first requirement and showed us a quantity alert and a shortage for the second requirement.

We hope to view in the Pegging Overview tab that the dinamic pegging link the two requirements with the receipt (Pl Ord).  Do you know why the dinamic pegging is linking the planned order only with the first requirement?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Product master Pegging tab, if you have selected "Use Total Receipt" (SAP F1 Help:  Use/Consume Entire Quantity of a Receipt Element

Use

If you set this indicator, the system may assign a receipt element to just one requirement element for the product during dynamic pegging. The requirement element must thus completely consume the receipt element.)

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nawanit,

I checked the indicator but it was not set.

I found that the shelf life and required minimum shelf life parameters were causing the problems. In properties view in /SAPAPO/MAT1 transaction those values had a value of 365 days, indicating that a lot of this material had to have at least 365 days until its expiration.

I changed those values in material master (MM03) and then transferred them to APO. The pegging now works as expected.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Master data you have assigned to product location is correct one as per my understanding and the pegging interval which exists is  more than the enough to pegged the FC req of 800 qty to the planned order.

However, suggesting you do the following to solve the issue hope this solves your problem.

1. Delete the Pegging and reassign again.

Best Regards,

JAC

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Product master Pegging tab, if you have selected "Use Total Receipt" (SAP F1 Help:  Use/Consume Entire Quantity of a Receipt Element

Use

If you set this indicator, the system may assign a receipt element to just one requirement element for the product during dynamic pegging. The requirement element must thus completely consume the receipt element.)

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javed,

The real problem was that with the MRP execution the pegging had this behavior. It was no feasible to delete and reassign the pegging after every MRP run.