cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control 10.0 - Client restores

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been told that in GRC restores of the database are often necessary because if the rule set or other configuration gets messed up the only way to correct this is with a restore.  Anyone have any opinions on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce

If the data gets messed up I would be reviewing the people and processes not the technology assuming they have correctly installed the system and are maintaining the data via the delivered programs.

Do you have any specific information as to why they mentioned db restore? You would do this is your make a major mistake and cannot revert.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

nothing specific.  the consultant configuring the system says this is common place.  I can't imagine that you can't undo what caused the problem.  Are there specific methods for determining the error? especially if multiple individuals may be making changes at the same time. 

0 Kudos

Exactly, It will be a governance issue for GRC itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

As per my understanding, for this question the solution/suggestion could be:

Rule sets (Custom rule sets only) should be prepared in the excel format as per the business requirement and then we should use ARA-upload functionalities which takes .TXT format

Then you need to recreate data, which can be achieved by Re-activating the BC-sets with the help of transaction code: SCPR20 once the new Connector is created  for the same system.

Regards,

Ameet Kumar

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce

I recommend you reach out to that consultant and obtain some more context. If not, I'd question using that consultant again

DB Restore should not be a regular approach to resolving data issues with the ruleset

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)