Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope 9.1.5 installer not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading the Wily from 9.1.0.2 to 9.1.5.0

Solution manger version is 7.1 SP8

I have already make sure TEMP directory have enough space. As the self extractor run but nothing happen after that.

I have upgraded the LM-SERVICE SP08 Patch 5 even though it was in patch 2 which was the pre-requisite for SP8 as per note.

Followed the document Introscope® Version 9 Installation Guide for SAP (7/5/2013)

Uninstall the current version 9.1.0.2 successfully.

Run the installer so many times but it is not showing anything.

it does the extraction bit as i can see in task manager and i can see self extractor run and folder extracted in TEMP folder but nothing happen after that.

Regards

Lukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i have managed to fix the issue by downloading the file again and download the latest sapcar.exe. Also remove all the old version from <drive>:\usr\sap\ccms\

No change anything in the installer.properties file Not even the path. Just leave default location for everything.

Install log file is all good with 0 warning and 0 error.

But now i am getting error in IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log

ERROR] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] [Manager.EMWebServer] The web server was unable to bind to a port.  This could be caused by another EM process binding to the same port.  Exception: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

AND in EMservice,log file

Introscope Enterprise Manager failed to start because:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/21 14:07:32 | EM Web Server did not start. Port already in use:  8081  To change the Web Server port, modify the EM property: introscope.enterprisemanager.webserver.port

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/21 14:07:32 | Press 'Enter' to acknowledge....

Problem solved, in my case the port 8081 was used by bloody McAfee antivirus.

Change the port to 8082

Change this port to another:

1. 1. Open the file config/IntroscopeEnterpriseMAnager.properties for editing.
  2. 2. Change the property introscope.enterprisemanager.webserver.port to a different port.
  3. 3. Save the file.
  4. 4. Restart the EM to activate the change.

All Good now.

Answers (0)