cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM Audit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to use the export to xml function in AM and the resultant excel file (after conversion) to add new question list and then importing the new question list back into the system. However no changes are taking place i.e. no new question gets added to the question list. I will be extremely grateful to get help in this matter please.

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to follow the instructions in SAP Note 597982.

Remember to import the old MSXML.DLL if you are running windows 7 or 8 otherwise you will get conversion errors..

A question list should always be created/maintained in Excel -> converted to xml and imported to AM and not the other way around.

• Enable you to use long text
  • keep the revisions in excel/xml so you always can track changes (there is no revision control in AM)

BR

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply.

Pls clarify following:

1. Could you please tell me the version of the DLL. On my system it is 8.0.7002.0

2. By converting the excel file do you mean that it should be saved as .XML? And if so, should it be saved as "XML Spreadsheet" or "XML Data"?

3. How do I format the excel file? How do I map the questionnaire fields to the excel file?

4. I noticed that any export of question list (created within AM) with "long text" gets broken up in multiple rows.

5. When you talk about "revisions", do you mean that all additions and deletions in the question list should be carried out in excel -> exported to XML and then imported back into AM? Is it possible to created only new records (APPEND) or do we need to import the whole questionnaire afresh?

Shall be extremely grateful for your help.

Best regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

1. The correct version is 8.0.7002.0 and should be placed in the folder Windows\system32. If there already is a MSXML.DLL file in the folder, then delete it before you insert version  8.0.7002.0 - this version is from Windows XP and after upgrading to Vista, 7.0 or 8.0 then there is newer versions which are NOT supported by SAP, so be careful.
  2. Read SAP Note 597982, it covers all the steps. The only thing which isn't desribed in the note is, that when you use the XML macro, then create a button which contains the macro (makes life easier)
  3. As described in Note 597982. Remember to use the same name for the xls and xlm files.
  4. If your export from SAP is based on a xls template you have uploaded, then it will keep the long text. If you have created the template manually in SAP and want to export it, then the long text is broken.
  5. In ISO 19011 they want you to document the changes of a document. The revision of question list can only be managed outside SAP by giving each document a revision number, which you might do after 1-2 year.

NOTE! If it's possible for you to send me an email address, then I can send you an excel sheet with the macro I am using - it seems we can only attach pictures here at SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the initial template which has to be an uploaded xml file is in place in AM, then the template can be used and exported as described in:

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2013/04/22/xml-generation-in-audit-management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am going thru the write up you suggested. My mail is kbprad at yahoo.com. Please send me the excel file which will be a great help.

I will post the post status shortly.

Best regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Most of the requirement for audit question upload I am able to manage (with the template after carrying out minor changes in coding). However following issues remain:

1.    While importing an XML file (previously exported from PLM AUD) into the excel sheet (of the template) additional fields (like "GUID") are being added to the excel sheet. This is happening even when the question is originally created in excel (template) and then XML file created from the template.

To clarify further, I will cite the following example situations:

a. A question list is created directly in PLM AUD (approx. 90 questions). Then this question list exported from PLM AUD (file name ABC.xml).

Now when I try to import the data in ABC.xml into the excel template I find that fields like "GUID" got added in the excel template sheet (which are not there in the original template sheet tags).

b. Next I create a question list using the template (say file name XYZ.xls) and create XML file using the template (say file name, XYZ.xml).

Using file XYZ.xml I am able to import question list into PLM AUD. After saving the question list in PLM AUD I then export it to an XML file (using the same name, name XYZ.xml). In this case too I find that additional fields are appearing in the question list (when I import the XML data into the excel template).

There are instances of the same field being repeated (eg. EXTERNAL_ID) for each question elements. For certain cases GUID values are getting concatenated with field value of "DESCRIPTION".

Is thre a way to prevent these additional fields from appearing as explained above?

2.    Importing a question list with the same external ID raises error (correctly so). My worry is how can I make changes to question list (edit), and then imprt the corrected values again. There may be occasions when (due to changes in local bylaws) additional audit points need to be inserted. How to carry out this (i.e. import of new / changes in question list).

Best regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I have been able to take care of the problem of "Long texts" getting broken up by slight tweaking of the code (and the fields like "GUID" and others are also being eliminated during import).

Also the revision number can now be taken care of (crudely though) during import process itself (when a revision num is added to the field EXTERNAL_ID) and import runs through without error.

I think for now I have to make do with this only.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before creating documents in the audit module, you should consider to set up the number ranges, so you in that way ensure that e.g. each question list you upload get a uniqe number.

Do look at the BADI: PLM_AUDIT_IDENTIFIER

The recommendations is:

• At LC_AUP use AP1-AP199999999999
  • At LC_AUO use AU2-AUO299999999999
  • At LC_AQN use QL3-QL399999999999
  • At LC_COR use CA4-CA499999999999
  • At LC_QUN use QL5-QL599999999999 (question lists header)
  • At LC_QUE use: QL6-QL699999999999

Consider to make an exception for manual created question lists for LC_QUN and LC_QUE. This means leave those fields empty in the BADI to avoid problems when you upload the XML-file.

Instead create a control of a number syntax in the XML-fil to ensure that the users create a number in a unique and equal way.

Answers (0)