cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic in value assignment display only

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I have one characteristic (out of 5) display only when the user is classifying an object? We have an interface that copies a value in characteristic "X" of a network. We want this characteristic to be display only in the network for the user. I tried authorizations but to no avail. Can I do this with dependencies?

PS. please see my previous post asking about authorisations.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3457499

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

You can do this by tick marking ' Not ready for input' in additional data tab of the characteristic.

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The same question  (see above) applies here. Will this setting allow the programm to enter a value for that characteristic in the network even though it is display only?

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

Yes, It will allow to update data in that characteristic through program. This display only option is to avoid the users to enter the information in the front end.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

What if it is a batch input (recording)? How will the batch input programm perform value assignment if the characteristic is display?

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

I have not tried this so far, may be you can try and share the results.

Regards,

Ravi

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michail Papadopoulos,

It work well when you use dependencies to calcualte value or pass value from SAP table.

I guess it will work with BDC as in that case too you are not directly entering value but thorugh a program, you need to give it a try then only it can be confirm.

Thnaks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the appearance of characteristics by using the structure SCREEN_DEP. First you have to create an object characteristic which refers to structure SCREEN_DEP, field INVISIBLE (you could also use NO_INPUT to display the characteristic but not allow any value assignment).

Suppose you want to change the appearance of charcateristic DEMO_CHAR depending of the value of CHARXY. First you have to create the two object characteristcs CHAR_INVISIBLE and CHAR_NO_INPUT with reference to structure SCREEN_DEP-INVISIBLE (-NO_INPUT).

The dependency could than look like this:

$self.CHAR_INVISIBLE = 'DEMO_CHAR'

if $self.CHARXY = 'A',

$self.CHAR_NO_INPUT = 'DEMO_CHAR'

if $self.CHARXY = 'B'.

Is that what you want?

Juergen

former_member640579
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I need to check this with a developer but it looks promising. The question is, we have a program that creates networks (Batch input) via an interface and it enters values for circa 50 characteristics. We want some of those characteristics to be display only. Will the procedure you described allow the programm to enter a value for that characteristic in the network even though it is display only? Please note that we are using a Batch input method (recording), not BADIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good questions. I have only used it for value assignement with dialog transaction. Since the BTCI simulates the dialog, I guess the characteristics will be also locked. Maybe you can set-up a small model for testing and find another characteristic which indicates if the program is running in dialog or with BTCI.

If you set the parameter on the additional data, it will also block it if you are running your BTCI. The parameter 'not ready for input' allows the value assignment only with dependencies.

Sorry, interesting problem, but I don't know. We are using BTCI only for classification withour any restrictions (to avoid problems like you have now).