cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 sp8 LDAP connector creating user in IDM with pernr instead of userid.

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I've followed the other instructions for configuration of the HCM staging area but I'm still getting errors/warnings and personnel number is being created as userid inside IDM instead of SYSUNAME.  Below is my configuration from HCM to IDM:

The Data in HCM is in the Query and is being passed to the VDS.  This is the employee record I’m testing with.

The data is being passed to the VDS:

The error I’m getting on the HCM Check for SYSUNAME of Employee – script stopped, normally caused by missing ID in IT0105 or personnel record delimited.  My record has both.

If I disable the check for SYSUNAME task then the user is created but with pernr as the ID not the SYSUNAME:

Here are my settings for the two tasks:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Curtis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis

I don't see a username in any of the screenshots you sent through.  However, I do note that the names in VDS don't seem to be the same as one would expect in IDM (ie: syshr_a_0105_af_email and IDM is looking for P0105-SYSHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME).  Case doesn't matter but the names must be correct.

I'd first look at checking that the attribute mapping between the HCM extract and IDM is correct.

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

So the fields are the same in the Query to the LDAP mapping for the server to the VDS (even if they are lower case they are the same), where do I see these fields in IDM?

VDS

HCM Query:

Is there a place where I need to map in the HCM staging area?

Funny thing is it will create the user based on personnel record, once I changed it to look for SYSUNAME is when I started getting the errors.

Can you explain how the two tasks in HCM staging interact with each other? Is the write to HCM dependent on the Master Check for Sysname?  I would think that is how it would know to write new or modify existing personnel records.

Regards,

Curtis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The HCM Staging attributes can be seen in the tasks - %P0105-SYSHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME% is the username attribute expected.  Yours doesn't have the P0105 on the front.  You will notice that the other attributes have their P00* on the front.

You can either change the data coming out of HCM or update the tasks in IDM so that they match.

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I see what your saying with the fields coming out of HCM. I'm using the delivered query is there a reason that the P00 field is being taken off? What would you recommend attempting to add it in the VDS fields or the query itself?

Just wonder what is the normal practice. I would have to modify all the attribute fields in the tasks or all the field in the query seems like a disconnect.

I guess just a recommendation?

Thanks

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the attention to detail. The sysuname was lacking the P0105- in front of it.

So the task HCM Master Check for SYSUNAME of Employee is working. But when Write HCM Employee To SAP Master runs it is getting an error on the employee sub-group. Has anyone seen this before and what might be causing it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen it before but it's probably the dates.  If you strip the dates (sap provides a script to do this but I can't recall the name) and see if that helps.

I haven't delt with subgroup before - can you put up a screenshot of the attribute from the IDM schema so I can see what its expecting?

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Peter.

I actually just reran the personnel record from HR and now it looks like it ran through but it created the userid without any last name, first name information. I'm going to have to try and figure out a query to see if it is writting any org data to the IDM DB.

Seems a bit strange, the  HCM Master Check for SYSUNAME of Employee is finishing successfully. Then the Write HCM Employee To SAP Master finishes as well with a couple of warnings MX_Salutation (even though I successfully ran the AttrvaluesHelp).

here is the warning:

No value help key found for: MX_SALUTATION!!Mr!!EN (check SAP Note 1715763)

MX_FS_EMPLOYEE_SUBGROUP

$FUNCTION.sap_importTimeValues(%P0001-TEXT_P0001_PERSK%!!MX_FS_EMPLOYEE_SUBGROUP)$$

Is the PERNR supposed to be active in the check for SYSUNAME? Or just the SYSUNAME attribute?

Any suggestions, I'm going to get a new personnel record and set it up for a new clean test of the personnel record and user.

Curtis

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Fresh test with a new personnel record and userid. The User ID is being created but without any additional data (lastname, firstname). Which is odd because before I switched the userid to Use SYSUNAME the users were being created with Pernr and all info.

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I switched the MX_SALUTATION to $FUNCTION.sap_importTimeValues(%P0002-ANRED%!!MX_SALUTATION)$$ and I'm not getting that error any longer. I reran the same ID and it didn't update the user last name or first name etc. Is this task supposed to update as well as create? I thought it had a modify task with MX_person so shouldn't it update?

I'm certainly missing something small but crucial.

Regards,

Curtis

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should update as well as create.

With the salutation, check for full stops.  Some systems have 'Mr.' rather than 'Mr' etc

The data items are independant of each other - as long as the user is created the data should flow (unless its not present in the query) and any failures appear in the log.  You can check against the VDS to see what the user should have.

With check for SYSUNAME leave both active - it will return the username if it exists or the pernr if it doesn't.

Attach a screenshot of the write to master job and I'll have a look

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter, here is my write to master job.

So the job is not showing any errors, just one successful add but only add's Userid no last or first name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis

Can you confirm that it has

MX_LASTNAME %...%

MX_FIRSTNAME %...%

and that they are not commented out (with the '#')

Thanks

Peter

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Yes the lastname and firstname are not commented out.

Regards,

Curtis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I commented out the personnel group and sub-group and changed the presentation of the MX_Salutation, MX_Title and MX_UserType to singleline and all the errors were resolved.

The other error with the personnel number being written vs userid was resolved by following Peters advice on which should stay active the the sysname task and activating the appropriate task in the Write to HCM pass.

$FUNCTION.sap_getSysUname(%P0000-PERNR%!!%P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME%!!%$WRITE_FUTURE_DATED_HIRES%)$$

along with

$FUNCTION.sap_cutDate(%P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME%)$$.

Regards,

Curtis