cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule IS Profile Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to schedule an Insight Profile task as suggested in this link http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=318669651.

I've created the profile task but cannot see it at CMC.

Note, i dont want to schedule validation rule.

Many
thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

That link is about events. If you're not seeing your profiles under the projects for Data Insight in the CMC. Then you haven't ran one yet.

You'll need to setup a project add tables to the project and create a profile in IS/DI explorer. Then it needs to be ran before it will show up under the project in the CMC.

You can then open the properties of the task in the CMC under the Data Insight project. Go to recurrence and set it up to run when needed.

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, but you've misunderstood. I'm trying to chain a DS job with IS profile task using the BOE CMC scheduler. I've created and ran the profile task under a project. In fact I can't see the project under CMC, can you help?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Do you have access to the SMP to create an incident? If you can create a new incident I'll try and grab it before someone else does. It'll be hard to help from here, as I'll need to track my time.

If you've created and ran a profile and saved it, it should show up in the CMC>IS>DI>projects>project name

If you're not seeing this, then you have a problem or are missing a step.

Now if you're wanting to use an event to trigger a profile to run thats a different issue.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, I've managed to chain the jobs together, ie after a DS job runs successfully it calls the IS profile task.

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

good to read, you achieved to do it, maybe you want to contribute ot the EIM Wiki with an article showing how you run the tasks in sequence, similar to the already existing one...

On the main page of the EIM Wiki (http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/EIM+Home) there is a link how to submit an article and some templates for the document.

Niels

kishore_pathala
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Can you please share your steps in doing it. As i m having hard time to do it. Some of the issues that i have faced are.

I was able to create a DS JOB schedule it in management Console and then create a Schedule event in IPS (CMC) in events. After that i have to schedule a profiling task to run after DS job. this is where i m having issues.

1) My DS Job runs twice.

2) the profiling task never finishes and its in pending state.

any quick responses is appreciated.