cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Forgot Password" Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

To make it easier to the people here, I would like to know if it's possible to edit the "Connection Screen" and add "Forgot Your Password" which would point to : http://xxxx:12345/idm/pwdreset

I would like to add the text "forgot your password" on this screen.

Thx,

Nicolas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

As per my understanding it is not possible as its a standard UI delivered by SAP.

Experts,

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Krishna.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

. See link here which discusses customizing logon screens on the AS Java server.

regards,

Chris

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

In self service password reset configuration guide, section 4 - page 29: Providing a new password, there is a "Note" part which describes this requirement. It redirects to the help portal links for configuring/developing Java logon screens according to the AS Java version, as also mentioned.

Hope it helps.

BR, Keith

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is correct.  These dynpros are locked down by design.  You'd need to implement a custom login screen (via REST?)

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option to get around not being able to change the UI of the Java system, why not leverage an Apache/IIS web server to translate a short URL to the full URL?

Train the users to type in pwdreset to their browser and have it resolve to http://xxx:12345/idm/pwdreset (You may also need to define the FQDN within the URL, FYI)

You will also need a cname record in DNS to point at the web server.  Currently this is the trick that my company uses for warehouse guns that are limited on how much can be typed into a browser (or that was the case when we first deployed SAP), so we have a shortname of rfpr to resolve to the web server that then points the user to a web dispatcher.