cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture SAP ECC Events in NonSAP EM System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just try to capture the SAP ECC standard events in a nonSAP EM system. I am not sure how to identify/find the function modules in ECC which are used to "RFC" the data to a SAP EM system. Can anyone help please ?

Thanks and kind regards

Werner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

but i think he asked for the other direction. Not sending Events to EM but to a nonSAP System.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right Steffen! But in this case his question is very generic. @Werner which events to you want trigger from ECC?

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

thank you very much for your efforts here. It's about sending all SAP standard events for the different visibility scenarios to a nonSAP event management system. I found the above mentioned program /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_COMMUNICATE in our ECC system :-).

It's associated with a rather complicated data structure which it sends over to SAP EM ... And in addition the EM system has to properly handle the initial record e.g. for the Delivery plus the event messages thereafter upon status changes such as GI has happened.

SAP says it would be ideal if the nonSAP event management system would provide a plug-in to integrate into ECC which unfortunately is not the case e.g. with Tibco to my knowledge.

This means in the case we were to use the nonSAP event management system we would have to develop the event taking and handling ourselves.

If SAP PI was available we also could use PI to convert the BAPI calls into messages or web service calls which might provide further options to deal with a nonSAP event management system.

Do you have documents about the data structures in ECC serving the messages towards SAP EM ?

Kind regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

If you run TIBCO, it's quite the same procedure as you would do with SAP PI.

it's easy to receive the above mentioned IDOCs as message with their SAP adapter and pick the fields you want to use in your outside system should be not a big effort

With best regards

Sebasitan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian and all,

thanks again for your message(s)!

We have now setup Tibco EM so that its interface appears exactly like SAP EM, i.e. in Tibco-EM now exist the same functions which are used in SAP EM (e.g. /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02) to take events from SAP ECC. We have registered the Tibco-EM system as a TCP/IP-based RFC connection in SAP ECC.

The idea behind this was to set up our Tibco-EM in SAP ECC exactly like a SAP EM - just with the TCP/IP-RFC destination rather than with a ABAP RFC connection.

This would have had the advantage that we could leave all SAP standard code as is and events would walk into Tibco-EM just by using the TCP/IP-based RFC connection.

However, now the problem appears when "Defining SAP EM" in the first menu option under "Define Application Interface" in SAP ECC Customizing for "Event Management":

In this menu you can setup a SAP EM system with a ABAP based RFC connection while our Tibco EM system is connected with a TCP/IP-based RFC connection. (The pop-up menu for "Dest." only shows previously defined ABAP connections).

Any idea how we can circumvent this issue ?

Kind regards

Werner

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the Application Interface of EM can only call RFC function modules. To enable this you would have to modify the place where the EM BAPIs are called and then instead call your TCP/IP connection.I assume you want to call a WebService or what is the technology available in TIBCO?.

WebService calls are possible through ABAP.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the EM Application Interface is called with function module /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_COMMUNICATE.

Normally this is done in BADIs of the applications like PO, MM, SD etc.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Super. Thank you.