Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Only allowed for testing" error for Odata/XSJS services

Saif
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to build an application using UI5 with backend Odata/XSJS services.

When I try to fire a service on my local machine, I get an error response saying:

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.25 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - Only allowed for local testing!</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Only allowed for local testing!</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The server encountered an internal error (Only allowed for local testing!) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0.25</h3></body></html>

The services(Odata) which were working fine before have started giving the same error.

Link:https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/docs/guide/TestingInEclipse.html, explains to edit my "SimpleProxyServlet" of Web.xml found in Web-INF folder, but this wasnt done earlier and it used to work fine. Although I tried following the steps, but was not helping in any way.

When I fire the service, I append, "/proxy/" in front of the url: The format is /proxy/hostname/port no/...

Although there are other threads about this issue, but none of them have conclusive answers.

Please let me know, what might be going wrong here.

Regards

Saif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you are using "SimpleProxyServlet" to go around CORS issue. But "SimpleProxyServlet" will work only with local systems. For non-local you need to configure your own proxy to avoid CORS issue.

Thanks

Krishna

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Kishor Kammaje ,

I am facing the same issue. Can you explain briefly how to configure our own proxy to avoid CORS issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here it is.

Answers (0)