Problem with SAP Crystal Reports being used with SAGE 300 ERP 2012 on Oracle 11g on RHEL Linux
I am a contractor at Achievement Awards Group (AAGroup) in Cape Town and am responsible for integrating their specialist incentive and loyalty systems with Accpac. I also do a lot of Accpac support and have been involved with Accpac at AAGroup since 2004.
We did the upgrade from Accpac version 6.0 to v 6.1 (now called Sage 300 ERP 2012) on the 26th October and since then we have not been able to run most of the reports in AR and AP. These are the reports that run inside Sage and which call Crystal Runtime v 2011 and then connect to the database and execute.
We keep getting the attached errors no matter what we do. And we have put over 80 hours into it so far and we have 17 Accpac users without reports and an SMME having to do exports and Excel based reports for 3 and a half weeks now.
Is there anyone out there who has experienced this problem with Crystal Reports and Oracle?
Your help will be extremely appreciated as SAP and SAGE seem unable to help us and have told us to move to SQL-Server. This is not possible in such a large Oracle environment with quite a lot of interconnectivity built from AAGroup's systems to date in Accpac. In any case SAGE's upgrade path shows that they support Oracle 11g and they should have sent someone to help us.
Don Williams replied
Once again, Debug with Sage, We don't have their DB or how they configure the driver or which ones their reports support.
If Sage has not tested those ODBC Drivers then I assume you can't use them.
Sorry but nothing we can do, Sage has to debug and support your configuration. They may be over writing your connection properties with their own so no matter what you use it always rolls back to what they hard coded in their app.
Even if we could duplicate the issue, we can't change their code.
Error message appears to be telling you the field is wrong or the values is not being converted properly.
Open CR Designer, if you have it and test the formula, try and find out what part is causing the error, likely it's expecting a string and a number is entered or somethign like that...