cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between manual update to SO and idoc updates to SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are updating the Sales Order Schedule line Delivery date through the confirmations from the Purchase Order AB line Delivery date.

The AB line date is updated via idoc from the vendor and this will update the SO schedule line delivery date.

However, the problem here is if i try to manually update the confirmations AB line delivery date in PO, the delivery date updated in the SO schedule line is different from that of the date when updated through the idoc.

Example :

Confirmation through idoc.

PO AB line delivery date : 22.12.2013.

SO Delivery Date : 27.12.2013.

Confirmation through manual entry.

PO AB line delivery date : 22.12.2013.

SO Delivery Date : 23.12.2013.

In both the cases the lead time is 1. So ideally for the first case also it should have been 23.12.2013.

Please suggest on what could be causing the mismatch of dates.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Difference between Manual Sales Order and Idoc Update :

Manual Updation of Sales Order : I think for this you can understand very well i.e you have to go to

Change T-Code : VA02 for any modification.

Idoc Update : This will update the Sales Order through Function Module. And this Functiona Module

is standard in SAP. If the requirement is not fulfill then you can go for ehancement for the same in

SAP System.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan

Thanks for the response.

In our case, when we change the AB confirmation line in the Purchase order, the Schedule line delivery date of the sales order is changed by Standard SAP process.

For the difference in date, we have made a workaround where we are changing the date in the sales order schedule line through the exit PERFORM USEREXIT_CHECK_VBEP in program MV45AFZB.

Thanks all for your responses.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan

Thanks for the response.

In our case, when we change the AB confirmation line in the Purchase order, the Schedule line delivery date of the sales order is changed by Standard SAP process.

For the difference in date, we have made a workaround where we are changing the date in the sales order schedule line through the exit PERFORM USEREXIT_CHECK_VBEP in program MV45AFZB.

Thanks all for your responses.

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be system calling diidferent programs.When you are updating with an idoc it is just writing the new date and not validating anything.When you update manually system checking the date with lead time period.So i would suggest ask ABA person to debug the Inbound idoc program how it is updating the SO and also check manually update SO in debugging mode how it is calculating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your time.

Indeed, two different programs are being called.

But the delivery date is determined inside the FM SD_PURCHASE_ORDER_CHANGE and the structure XVBEP is updated with the calculated date.

In both the cases, the date determined inside this FM is 27/12/2013.

But while manually updating the PO, the date determined inside this FM is not being considered and the date 23/12/2013 is determined and updated in the SO at a later point.

Can you let me know the logic involved in this date change?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ravi.