cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS 10 - changing from Plant to Cross-plant-based preference

Former Member
0 Kudos
We have had many roll-outs of GTS globally, and in the last few roll-outs, we have successfully used the cross-plant based preference model. There are many advantages for us with the cross-plant model, especially where we have multiple plants in each country which are best grouped together.
We would now like to change over to the cross-plant model for organisations where the plant model has been previously implemented and used for one or two years. We have a situation where we currently have a 1:1 relationship between admin unit and plant  and now want to have 1 admin unit containing a single plant group containing a number of plants.
However, we need to preserve the following historical information:
- LTVD's issued to customers on the old admin unit
- preference records at the plant level for the old admin unit.
For the LTVD's I am able to change the admin unit in /SAPSLL/PREVD and the LTVD is then visible linked to the new admin unit.
However, it is not so simple for the preference records as these may exist in more than one plant.
Does anyone have any experince with changing the system in this way?
Are there any other considerations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lynda,

usually its recommended to always use cross plant, even for 1:1 relations. However when its done and you need to add new plant, than plant assignment is useless.

I would recommend just to create new admin unit having cross plant assignment and leaving old as is. By this you keep all historical data under your old admin unit.

For already maintained LTVDs you would need to write small code to inherit statuses for new admin unit.

Kr,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Thanks for your reply. I can see the benefits of keeping a plant linked to the "old" plant model as well as the new plant group model - then when you display the product preference, you can see both displayed.

However, this means that you would see both models displayed in the drop-down list if you were to create a manual preference, for instance.

Would you think it was better to delete the old plant assignment so you would only see the plant group details going forward?

Regards,

Lynda