Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure VDS to send data to two database tables

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm investigating a possibility for VDS server to redirect input requests (ADD/UPDATE/DELETE) to more than one data source. Basically I need to have a single LDAP virtual branch for the outside world which shall be mapped to multiple database tables in my database. Incoming LDAP request shall send data to two database tables instead of a single one as it's now. So finally I will have two database tables containing identical data.

Thank you a lot for your help!

Siarhei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for replies!

So far we have ended up with the solution based on VDS provisioning data source:

• Created two single data sources that refer to two different databases containing the same identical table.
  • Created a group Provisioning data source that unites these both single data sources.
  • Re-pointed our virtual tree to the group provisioning data source instead of a single data source as it was before.

Now if new ADD request coming to the virtual tree it's automatically transitioned to the both single data-sources and finally drops to both tables in the two different databases. Not tested yet this solution on big data volume, but with it works fine in our sandbox.

Siarhei

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siarhei,

This sounds like something that would make a great Blog entry!

Can you write this up?

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the same data in both tables, it might be easier just to place a trigger on the database table that mirrors updates to the second table...

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siarhei,

You'd need to do this through the same OU?

I'm thinking you'll probably need to do this via a custom JAVA extension.  Have you taken a look at the JavaDOC? 

The other possibility would be to have two write operations that would update one attribute each.  I'd have to play with this a little but I think that you would need to do this via coding.

Matt