cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock posting tab not occur in UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created customer return process through quality. For that following step i have maintained

1. Maintain Inspection Type 05 in Material master. 

2. Maintain any Inspection lot Origin in SPRO  > QM > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot creation > Inspection at shipping > Assign Inspection lot Origin  to Delivery type. as 05

3. Create Inspection Plan for Customer return with usage 5.

4. Then create return delivery with respect to sale order no or Document no.

5. Create PGR.

6. Now a lot will be generated.

But Stock posting tab not occur in usage decision.

Kindly suggest me the solution.

Thanks,

Parag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, verify that the inspection lot created was created as an 05 inspection lot origin.  If that is the case, than probably "post to Insp. Stock" is not ticked on in the material master for the the 05 inspection type. 

If it's not an 05 origin, but an 06, then your config isn't quite right or maybe you used an old return delivery for testing.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I can used  inspection type 05 and lot also created by 05. post to Insp. Stock is also active. but no stock posting tab occur.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I might go back and start all over with a fresh delivery and make sure that isn't the issue.

Where did the stock go?  You never said where it shows up.  In MMBE is it in unrestricted?  Or is it showing in returns delivery?  Or is it in QI stock?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

No when i do usage decision for that inspection lot in usage decision there is no stock posting tab occur. Stock is in the return stock.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. since the stock is in return stock you don't have your config or master data set up correctly.  If you really had a lot with an 05 inspection origin, it should be in QI.  Because it is in returns delivery category means it's probably still an 06 lot.  I know you said the lot that was created was an 05 origin but some where you have disconnect. 

Double check the GR material document and see if there were any special stock type qualifiers on the movement type.  What was the actual movement type used and what is the special stock type value (if any) in the material document that created the inspection lot.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would re-emphasize on checking which movement type is assigned in VOV6 to schedule line category. It should be 655, if you want the stock to get posted in to QI. As in your case it got posted to returns, surely the movement type mapped is 651.

Inspection type 06 suits to movement 651, whereas inspection type 05 has significance when it is referred with 655 movement. You need to check config here!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes movement type is used 651 for schedule line categort DN, for that i can change or not the movement type in schedule line from 651 to 655.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Movement type is used 651 and there is no any special stock type value in material document.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Movement type can be maintained in scheduled line categories for SO return.

For this, config. settings can be done in following way,

• Go to SPRO>> Sales and distribution>> Sales>> Sales documents>> Schedule lines>> Define schedule line categories.
  • Here you need to maintain the movement type for Schedule line category.
  • Further, assign this to next path (Assign schedule line categories) against the item category.

Once done, run a scenario and your material should go to QI stock if QM settings are correctly maintained as you earlier mentioned.

Rgds,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep.. didn't think you had an 05 there!  Neither did Anand! 🙂

Glad it worked out.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes correct! 651 movement is what the root cause! This is the reason because of which stock gets posted in to returns and not to QI. If you want to go to QI, you should use 655.

Kindly excuse me, but I could not interpret for that i can change or not the movement type in schedule line from 651 to 655. What does this mean?

Were you able to change movement from 651 to 655 or not? Did you face any issues there? Hope you have picked the correct schedule line category.

Lastly, I would suggest to run a fresh cycle in to your development system after fixing above issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

i will try with fresh cycle.problem is solved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member3117
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,Parag,

please check  which in Delivery type you have assign as 05 ? check Delivery Type ?

Mr.Ntn J has given suggestion as above also must check.

Thanks,

Piyush Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi piyush,

ZLR is delivery type where i can assign 05.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Delivery inspection is not stock relevant. You can simply assign 05 inspection type to material and make a PGR for return delivery.

Make sure that indicator for 'Post to inspection stock'  is set for the inspection type 05 in material master.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

All are already done. but there is no stock posting tab.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether this lot is of 05 origin? Have you assigned 655 movement type to concerned schedule line category in VOV6 transaction?