Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic attachment of scanned document in MIR7 park

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a requirement where I have to attach a document automatically(in background).  Transaction code is MIR7. We have a server(non sap) where our documents are being scanned and stored by a third party tool.  When this scan process is happening in foreground (manually) system creates a invoice document and it gets parked in background automatically through desired RFC and BAPi's.

So we can see that we have a MIR7 generated in SAP background. So far we have achieved it. Now comes the integration of attaching document (the scanned image for which the miro was parked(un background)  to be attached in that parked document or should at least invoice display(MIR4).

My process of  manually attaching is through Generic Services for object process. I will attach it through GOS link and store it as business document. (this is a manual process I am sharing which I need to automate it). I am using object as BUS2081. Doc type as ZMMINVOIC.

configurations for OAC0, OAC2, OACT, OAC3 is done. This I can see in t code OAAD.

Now my question is how do I automate the GOS concept?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Let me help you with this. As per your information, the invoice is created in SAP and is in parked status and Document is scanned and kept on server.

So in order, first document is scanned and then Invoice is created programatically in SAP ECC.

If this is true, the Used function module 'ARCHIV_CREATE_DIALOG_META" to upload the document. Use this FM to create a batch program which will fetch the scanned document from server and upload it to Parked invoice in SAP ECC.

I have used this program to upload invoice in batch mode.

FOr real time you have to trigger upload program as soon as invoice is created and parked in SAP ECC. This would be real time process.

Hope this helps you. PLease discuss with your ABAP lead and device this program by using the above mentioned FM.

Best of Luck.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Mangesh.

Yes . Your understanding is true. First through scanning device it is scanned and the application stores it in the concerned server. At the same time MIR7 is done in sap system.  As discussed we have to take this scanned document from the non sap server and then add it to MIR7 or MIR4.

I am already into it and would take some time to give you the status update. Once done I will share the details.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

THanks for your reply. Please let me know if you need any help. You can call me if you need help or contact me on my mail id.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

As you have suggested I am using the FM. Now when I do it by my SAP gui(in my laptop) its working fine. But when I am doing through automated process in my network which requires a JCO connector its not working.

Actually:

When I  call the same RFC through a JCO connector the doc is not getting attached. Through SAP GUI it is connecting. The table is TOA01. In that   I can see the document updating entries. But when I do through JCO connector it is not happening. Any suggestions on this part. Where we can look into?

Do I need to see the config in DC20  as data carrier in server front end part? I have not done any changes in that. The PC default was already there. Basically I have not done any configuration in DC20. Is it required when I am attaching it through GOS.

Regards,

SS.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

The FM you suggested .. Is it applicable for only sap front end or does it applies to everything

?

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

There are two parts to the solution,

1. creating a invoice

2. Attaching document to invoice.

As per your information the step 1 is working. Also you have specified that you have created a program which attaches the document successfully to invoice and creates a entry in table by frontend through GUI.

The issue you have mentioned that you are not able to do it through JCo Connecter, I am not able to understand what you are trying with this method. I am not a technical person so kindly elaaborate whats is that you are trying to do using JCO. Call me if you can. we can discuss.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Yes, Creation of invoice is successful but attachment of document is not successful. What i have earlier mentioned is i am able to attach it manually through GOS but not automatically in background.

As mentioned "Also you have specified that you have created a program which attaches the document successfully to invoice and creates a entry in table by frontend through GUI."

Regarding JCO , with JCO connector only we are sharing the Data in/out of sap.

The phrase written in bold is not achieved.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sen,

Please check this Link. Hope it help you. Just saw and thought of sharing with you.

May not be exactly the scenario but may help you.

SAP JCo Scenario: Online Invoice (SAP Library - Components of SAP Communication Technology)

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (0)