cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename UI Elements and Context Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to rename some UI Elements and Context Attributes dynamically while Runtime...

Is this possible ?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean renaming the actual unique ID of those UI elements / context attributes?

If so, why do you want to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i mean the actual unique ID.

I want build a generic Search, where the user should be able to give many filter criterion.

if there are actually 3 criterions and the user wants to delete the second criterion... i want  rename the 3rd filter...

for example: change id of inputField with id "inputField3" to "inputField2"

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buenyamin,

The way you are trying to accomplish your task is quite code-heavy, not very maintenance-friendly and not open to future enhancements. Why not use the Web Dynpro framework as it is intended?

If I were you, I would simply create a 1..n node with two attributes, one for the filter title and one for the filter value.

By adding and/or removing node elements you build up your filter, and the complete node content *is* your filter

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

i'm new to web dynpro... therefore this heavy code method

i have one problem with your solution... i dont know how many filter values the user wants to use... it is possible, he uses only 1 or 3 filter values...

Do you have an idea how i can realize this?

Apart from this, i understand your solution...

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add an add/remove button, which adds or removes a new filter node-element which the user then can populate (or remove)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Robin...

you helped me a lot