cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting SAP PLM system to iview portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts i want one clarification on process of connecting SAP PLM system to iview portal.

here my scenario is SAP PLM->>>XI--->>>WEBSERVICES

RFC--

>>XI--->>>>SOAP

1---->>here i have to get the list of all materials from SAP PLM using iview as

front end tool.

2---->>and the next thing is if the material is camera means it should require the

lengs software for the camera.In the iview we can select the material

for upgrated software.

3--->>after that the input parameters wil be sent to webservices

(some website) using XI part(mapping and all) and the response should come back then it has

to be stored in the SAP PLM system.

please clear me all the above questions.

thanks & regards

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

naga babu,

you need to implement Synchouse interface for this.

define RFC <-> XI < -> Webservices.(SOAP Adapter)

you need to send data from RFC Xi will process and send it webserices and webserices sends back to XI and XI sends back to PLM.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See

1) Request is sent from the Portal.

2) Web Dynpro application is called through the URL.

3) Web Dynpro app makes use of Web Service based Model in sending SOAP request to XI.

4) SOAP adapter converts the incoming SOAP message into XI Message.

5) Synchronous call is made from XI to R3 backend using RFC adapter.

6) Response is mapped and routed back as SOAP message.

Necessary design steps in interface objects, mapping objects and Business process are created according to the functional requirements.

Sender Soap Communication channel is setup in Configuration along with other essential configuration steps.

WSDL is generated for the message interface in Integration Directory using Tools-->Define Web service.

Override the default URL with following while generating WSDL.

See the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chandra u mentioned the scenario here is total reverse in my case.

we have sap plm system . in this we have lot of materials.

we have to display all these materials using iview.

here user can select any material for a particular software he wants.

and then this content wil be passed to xi and the xi mapps this content to clear cases(using webservices).

and then get back the response with respect to the request.then it wil be stored in sap plm system.

here my question is how to connect the sap plm system to iview to display the all material available in sap plm sys.

regards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See we have R3 Transaction iView in Portal through which we can display the materials or through Webdynpro we can do it, So it is automatically connected to R3. while configuring the R3 Transaction iView, also you have to take the R3 version is it on WAS or not , if not use ITS application component iView you can configure to display the material list.here you would have to configure the System also actually this part is EP developer.From there after selecting the required material the webservice and you can interact to XI or R3. if you directly interact to R3 then there is no point of XI.Other wise use the Webservice and again send back to R3 get the information from R3.

Please contact your funcitonal consultant and get the actual business requirement and which Adapter to be used for example Webservice to XI - RFC and RFC response to ?.

Please clarify then sure you will get exact answer.

Regards

Chilla..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your requirement is what JaiShankar has pictured, why XI here?

You are using XI for realtime flow of data where human intervention is happening.

SAP does not recommend XI in such cases. XI is used for Process Integration across Applications and not for People. EP should directly interact with the R3 system in an ideal case.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh, what you told is correct.But here we want to do the XI and EP certification both.Thats why we require this process.

Here the flow is we have SAP PLM->>>EP>>XI-->>CLEAR CASES(WEBSERVICES).

1.First we have an interaction with EP screen . This EP screen is only for the front end interaction. If user selects an option to get the list of materials, then we have to get the list of all materials from SAP PLM system.(Here we have to establish the connection between SAP PLM->>EP).---How can we do this????here what are the BAPI's we have to use to get this.

2.After selecting a meterial (Ex: Camera software), this request should go to the XI.Here we have to do the required process(Mapping and all).And then send the request to the WEBSERVICES.

RFC--->>>XI>>>>WEBSERVICES--How to do this?????

3.Then webservices return the response to XI.And then it should get back to the EP screen and then finally it should be stored in to SAP PLM database .----how to do this??????

please clarify these

thanks & ragards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is not very clear. If I got you correctly, the flow is

EP(ivew) triggers -->XI -->Using RFC select material details -->Validate(check camera)

Condition true -->Response back to ivew. Slect the upgraded /w in iview. -->XI --> Ebservice -->XI --> store result in PLM.

Did I get u correct? If so, a few points of consideration

1. what happens if the condition fails? ie the material selected is not camera.

2. Using XI if you design this business process, it will not wait for human intervention. ie you can not select the upgraded s/w based on the response from PLM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai, what you told is correct.But here we want to do the XI and EP certification both.Thats why we require this process.

Here the flow is we have SAP PLM->>>EP>>XI-->>CLEAR CASES(WEBSERVICES).

1.First we have an interaction with EP screen . This EP screen is only for the front end interaction. If user selects an option to get the list of materials, then we have to get the list of all materials from SAP PLM system.(Here we have to establish the connection between SAP PLM->>EP).---How can we do this????here what are the BAPI's we have to use to get this.

2.After selecting a meterial (Ex: Camera software), this request should go to the XI.Here we have to do the required process(Mapping and all).And then send the request to the WEBSERVICES.

RFC--->>>XI>>>>WEBSERVICES--How to do this?????

3.Then webservices return the response to XI.And then it should get back to the EP screen and then finally it should be stored in to SAP PLM database .----how to do this??????

please clarify these

thanks & ragards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

The standard way to interact with EP is via Webservice. So, your requirement boils to this...

Webservice(EP)>>XI>>PLM (Synch)

That is you select a particu;ar material in EP (front end). This webservice trigerrs a request msg to XI which is routed to PLM via RFC and the result of which is taken back to webservice(EP).

This kind of integration is possible.

>>><i>3.Then webservices return the response to XI.And then it should get back to the EP screen and then finally it should be stored in to SAP PLM database .----how to do this??????</i>

Now where do you need to send this response from RFC to another Webservce which will accept this response as a input and return some value?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai what u said is i understood.

-

>>> Here my requirement is in SAP PLM system we have the material CAMERA . camera contains camera software, like lens software.When user enter into the EP screen he has to get the some particular software materials like lens s/w and etc...by clicking getlist button in the EP screen.Here which BAPI we can use.?????????

-

>>>And then by selecting a particular s/w material from EP screen (ex:lens), it should goto CLEAR CASE(Where all these software source code is

available,which is intallable).

-

>>>Based on the requested material, in clear case it wil search for the particular material and the response of the particular s/w source code should be return.

-

>>>Finally it should be stored in tha SAP PLM database.

1.In this requirement which BAPI's i can use

2.And how this requirement we can achieve

please explain me in detail

Thans & Regards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Let me try to put it this way.

In EP you select CAMERA and you need to get all the s/w material for CAMERA from PLM and display in EP. When you select any particular s/w like lens(this list is the response from PLM), you need the source code for that s/w.

Am I correct?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai if u give ur mail id means i wil send one use case diagram to u . so that u can understand easily.

thanks & regards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find that in my business card.