cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit not log vanished for some messages.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know about the audit log of Adapter engine >> message monitoring/channel monitoring.

We were looking for sme messages and we can see that the audit log for some messages was vanished. Earlier I thought that as it was happening due to persistent properties, but some of the older messages were able to show the audit log and these concerned messages were not having any audit log.

This is not hapening for any particular interface but happening for some interfaces. I am only able to see the message id for that message in audit log and nothing else.

Can you please let me know what is this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Check the note 1872758 How XI/PI messages are persisted in Adapter Engine. This describes how the messages and Audit Logs are persisted.

Also, use note 872388 Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI, to review your Archiving and Deletion jobs etc.

Regards

Mark

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your replies, so what should I do if I want to have the audit log of messages for 30 days?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also I want to know if I set the persistent parameters to persist the messges on AE for 30 days, then will it impact the performance of the system? I have asked to set this roperty ro 30 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 1872758 mentioned by describes how to change the retention period. I would not expect a big impact on performance, only on the storage used.

Kind regards,

Koen

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interface is not synchronous, and also I am able to see the audit log for some other messages of same interfaces but for few I am not able to see.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Check if Archiving/Deletion jobs are in play here...

Ambrish

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

If that is the case why the messages before the concerned messages are showing the audit log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There is possibly a difference in the status of the messages that you can and cannot see. Messages in an error status are not archived / deleted until you cancel them, which may cause them to be visible much longer than successful messages.

Kind regards,

Koen

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I think in the same manner, because the older messages which are in successful status was with error status and then we restarted them to make them successful.

I even found one more point while analyzing that the messages having BPM and the JDBC channels are having the audit logs for the long time.

Also some messages are in successful status in RWB message monitoring., and these messages are having status NDLV in the audit log. Can you tell me why is it so?

Please let me know if you have any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This can happen when audit logging is turned off. By default, audit logging is switched off for synchronous interfaces. You will see the message IDs for those interfaces in the communication channel log, but you won't find the message itself or it's audit log in the message monitoring.

Hope this helps,

Koen

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is interface is synchronous interface ? If yes, check LOGGING_SYNC parameter in sxmb_adm-> configuration -> Runtime parameter(LOGGING_SYNC) is set 1 or 0 .

Thanks

Hari.