cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one explain about Information Steward Architechture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

As per my understanding, Information Steward is an application where we do profiling tasks for data analysis and metadata management.

Information Steward should have a repository to store the metadata of the objects created in IS. As part of analysis we run the tasks to get the profiling information. as per my knowledge if we are running the tasks job server will get the metadata of the objects and gives the results.

My doubt is here :

1.where do we create IS repository

2. where do we create job server and assigning to a repository

could any one brief me the architecture.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

You can find your answers in the install guides or the master guide.

1. Where do we create IS repository?

The IS Repository is created during the install. It is created in the DB that you specify during the install.

2. Where do we create job server and assigning to a repository?

The ISjobserver is created during the install.

The profile job server is created after the install. You use the Data Services server manager. While you create this Job Server you point it to the IS repository.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Bill.

My doubt is here like in BODS we have local repositories can create by using Repository manager.

like 10 developers -- 10 local repositories.

As per my understanding we cannot create IS repositories after the Installation and assign the job server.

In this case in Information Steward we will have only one repository to access IS by using CMC user log in. only one dedicated developer work on that repository. or can developers access the IS simultaneously.

I am searching for the guide document in web, if you have link please share with me.

Thanks,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

The architecture of IS and DS is different from repository perspective. In one landscape there is only one IS repo and multiple users use that via a web application. For IS Data Insight, the division of work, is done by creating different projects, using rule approval process etc.

Hope this helps,

Abhiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

You can get all documents from http://help.sap.com/businessobjects

This is where I get mine as well.

Thanks,

BW

Answers (0)