SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Management active for only 2 company codes in a Controlling Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario of cross-company code controlling Area consisting of 5 company codes in which I have the following requirement?

1.  Fund Management is required for only 2 company codes.  Is it possible to activate only for the 2 company codes only?

2.  If not possible to activate only for 2 company codes, inputs on how to design the system in order to achieve the same?

Request your inputs to achieve the same

Regards,

Vara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not going to use one of these FM elements - fund, functional area or grant - then, it's possible. Otherwise, you have to assign all your company codes to the same FM area. If you don't want to use budget control for these company codes, you will have to create some dummy commitment items and a derivation rule, which, based on company code, would take this commitment item with a default fund centre and assign it to all transactions.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not going to use one of these FM elements - fund, functional area or grant - then, it's possible. Otherwise, you have to assign all your company codes to the same FM area. If you don't want to use budget control for these company codes, you will have to create some dummy commitment items and a derivation rule, which, based on company code, would take this commitment item with a default fund centre and assign it to all transactions.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your quick reply & valuable inputs.

In the present scenario, I have done proof of concept in the system for ERP version 6 without any EHP (periodic budget is possible from EHP4).  For the pupose of controlling budget periodically, I have created Fund for each period and everything is working fine, but due to activating "Fund" as an Account Assignment Object, it is forcing me to take care of other 3 company codes as part of Fund Management even though it is not required.

1.  So, in this case, Can I take "Funded Program" as an account assignment in place of "Fund" for the periodic Budget & restrict other company codes being impacted by FM.

2.  If the answer is Yes to the above query, then are there anyother prerequisites for activating "Funded Program" and any other impacts due to activating it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Vara

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Theoretically, yes.

2) Nothing special, but remember that Funded Program is controlled only via FMDERIVE (cannot be inout manually).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your inputs.  I will proceed with your inputs of derivation of dummy commitment items & Fund centers & Fund for company codes not relevant for FM.

Regards,

Vara