cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in smartforms generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one issue in Smartform printing in transaction VL03N through output type. Smartforms is Zsmartform and its driver program is standard program. Issue is that when I execute the smartforms through smartforms transaction in quality or production server it gives me error "error during generation of form" and when through VL03N it gives error "Output could not be issued". It is working fine in Development server. I have also transported the smartstyles and graphics also available in quality and production system. Kindly help me out with the reason and solution of this issue.

Thanks

Rohan Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi Rohan.

Maybe you are using a Include Text wich is empty, you should try to Check the option "No error if no exists"

The other option is that your are calling an Fuction Module o using a Table/structure/data element wich is not active or doesn't exist. A simple way to check this is run manually the smartforms by the transacction SMARTFORMS in the MANDT where you are getting the error, like this.

If you get a dump or an error, can help you ton determinate what the error is.

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Activate the smartform Trace using Tcode "SMARTFORM_TRACE" and try to figure out the issue while calling the smartform in Q environment.

Do not Forget to Switch off your Trace after your analysis.

- Harshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also faced the same problem during the invoice smartforms.

The transaction was standard and the report was a Z report.

What I faced was the same error during the printing. When I debugged the smartform I got the message in the return parameter in the SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME that some template doesnt fit into a window or some text element doesnt exist.

Try this. It may solve your problem.

Regards,

Yash Acharya

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't try the easy things first?

It's not that much work to reactivate in Q and after it to reply the result...

Greets

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that this problem can occur when you have a template element, with text elements inside : For example a template with 2 lines and 2 columns. If you set a text element in line 3/column 2, this cell does not exist.

Of course, You would have noticed this problem in dev system, but maybe there is a condition on this template. In your template  there may be a text element A with a condition to be displayed in cell 2/2 and a text element B to be displayed in cell 3/2. Maybe the condition has a different result in dev vs qual system, that's why the problem appears in qual and not in dev.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just get in the quality-sytem and go to TA smartforms. There you go test smartform and activate your form again.

I don't find the sapnote which tells this issue, but i'm nearly sure, this is the problem.

Regards

Florian

Rudy_Clement1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I would start by debugging the function module that is generated from your Smartform in quality environment. When the smartform is activated or transported to an environment, the system actually generates a function module with a unique name (unique per environment). You can use function module SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME to get the unique name of that generated function module.

This is what most print programs also do. So if you put a breakpoint in SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME, you'll see that the output parameter is used to call another function a bit later. Just see what the returncode of that function call is and if that doesn't ring a bell, debug into the function itself.

Good luck!

KR, Rudy.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of he's using the standard-program to generate the output I do not agree with you.

See post below. If the parameters are ok there must be another problem. If so, it wouldn't work at the Developingsystem also not.

Last call is to retransport the form into the system.

I just did it your way a couple years, but thank god, i'm getting smarter

Regards

Florian

Rudy_Clement1
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sure the problem is not in the standard print program, but somewhere in the form itself. Debugging the generated function module always helped me a lot. But I agree you need some good debugging skills.

Probably the return code of function module call can give you a clue..

Kind regards,

Rudy

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the point. You need very good and very intensive Debugging-skills to read something useful out of the generated coding. And I think, this won't work in this case.

Hoping it is solved with the clue below and everything si good again.

Regards

Florian