Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Image Field In Syclo Screen

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was doing a development for Asset Tracking. I am facing two bottlenecks now in the development.

1)To bring the asset's image to the Detailed view screen when u click on the available assets in the list. I have developed an class which will return the byte code of the image to the bapiwrapper when called from the Syclo application .The byte value of the image is already reaching the application as one of the field values in the table that contains the asset details. But I need to use this value as a source to the image field which needs to be displayed in the asset details screen. If that is not possible then is there an option to show at least the barcode details of the asset in the device screen. Since Inventory Manager supports barcode reading, is there a way to show barcodes??

2)To show a pdf in the Syclo screen  which has the details like the Barcode of the asset and location information. Which the user can save it into his device(I am not sure whether there is even a possibility of opening pdf's within a Syclo application)

Thanks In Advance,

Bince Mathew C

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bince,

Regarding your first item, I don't believe we support displaying images that are stored embedded within objects or complex tables yet.  I know it was a wishlist item from many of us.  I will have to check to confirm if it is supported or not.

In the meantime, you really have two options.

1) If you will always have connectvity, don't dowload the image and use an HTML control to display the image from a webserver.

2) If you need offline capabilities, download the image as an attached document and use the HTML control to display the image from the local device.

In terms of opening a PDF, yes you can certainly do that but depending on your platform you may require a viewer application like Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed to handle the rendering.  To display a PDF you will probably download the PDF as an attached document an then have the OS call the appropriate application to view the document.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Bill,

Do you have any java code that illustrates fetching Attached Documents to Agentry?  If not, I will dig some up and post.  To display the attachment using the HTML control, I believe you point the HTML Screen Control to the Object property that holds the Attached Document, correct Bill?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't used the html control in Agentry editor or the pdf attachment part, is there any useful links in the web that explains how it can be done.

Thanks and Regards,

Bince Mathew C

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Bince,

Where are you storing the image byte value data?  I haven't tried this, but I know it is supported:  You should add an Embedded Image Property to your Agentry Object you are fetching to and store the image byte value data there.  Then on a screen that displays your Object, you should be able to add an Embedded Image Control and just point it to the object property where you image is stored.  You may also be able to handle this if your image data is stored in a Complex Table.  I'll need to gather more info if you can't get this working.

I don't believe there is any way to display bar-code data.

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am storing the byte data in a table in SAP backend. I am sending it to through my BAPI Wrapper to Agentry. So if I add an image object property as a field to my objects and if I map the data to that field the image should appear right? I will try this method and will update you regarding the same soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Bince Mathew C

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Bince,

It sounds like Bill has verified that my suggestion wont work, and that what I was describing is still on the platform wish list.  Best bet is to go with his suggestion of downloading the image as an External Document Attachment and using the HTML control to display it.

Examine this thread that helps with that topic:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3456323