cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Level Code - cyclic tlane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Quick question on the cyclic tlane for low level code.

Is it possible to update the low level code logic so that when it encounters cyclic tlane we are able to process the cyclic tlane and assign the low level code to the product which is maintained at both the locations. The validity of these tlanes vary. Meaning validity of one of the tlane expires and then the validity of the next tlane begins.

Example

tl1 - Product A from loc 1 to loc 2 valid from 12/01/13 to 04/30/14

tl2 - Product A from loc 2 to loc 1 valid from 05/0114 to 12/31/14

As is when we run the low level code, it erros out saying cycles exist. Can you guys help in finding/recommending ways to handle the requirement.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks, Nikhil

Note: save_with_cycles allow the results of low level code to be saved but it excludes the cyclic tlane.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil, unfortunately validity date is not checked during cycle determination in LLC calculation, because you can always have only one set of LLCs without validity. In your case, you'll need to either block the future lane, or you filter out the lane in the future in BADI /sapapo/pwb_sos method PWB_USEX_SOS. Notice the BAdI Method is also called by other functions. If the method of the low-level code calculation is called, the parameter 'iv_low_level_code' is = 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada. We are currently blocking the tlane so that low level code is executed properly. I will explore the BADI /sapapo/pwb_sos method PWB_USEX_SOS.

Nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Whenever you have cyclic Tlane scenario, you cannot run LLC without a BADi. Without the BAdi I t will always give error.

Implement Business Add-In (BAdI) method /SAPAPO/SNP_LLC -> SAVE_WITH_CYCLES

Please see the link below for further details

Low-Level Code Determination - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ayan. We have already implemented the BADI. It is allowing us to process the low level code for all except one with the cyclic tlane. However the requirement is to run the low level code for cyclic tlane. I am exploring the option provided in the previous post. Let me know if you can think of any other option/recommendation.

Thanks, Nikhil

apo-dude
Explorer
0 Kudos

The recommendation posted to tackle tlanes is one of the very few options to my knowledge. I recently had the same issue and we implemented this BADI and now cyclic lanes have llc's provided the Tlanes have procurement priorities maintained properly i.e. 1 tlane should have a higher procurement priority then the other one. It will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Krish.

So here is what I understood

BADI save_with_cycles implemented

tl1 - Product A from loc 1 to loc 2 valid from 12/01/13 to 04/30/14 - Priority 1

tl2 - Product A from loc 2 to loc 1 valid from 05/0114 to 12/31/14 - Priority 2

Run low-level code for product A, loc1, loc2

Following result I should expect with no errors

Prod A, loc 1 LLC 0

Prod A, loc2  LLC 1

I am not sure assigning priorities will help. But let me check.

Thanks, Nikhil

apo-dude
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

Just to be clear.

You can have 2 tlanes with same validity

Eg.

Tlane A with procurement priority (99) - least used

Tlane B with procurement priority (1)- most used

In addition to PWB_SOS the BADI has to do a check on procurement priorities to see which tlane to use. For this purpose we need to clearly identify which tlane you will use by having correct procurement priority i.e. the tlane with highest procurement priority i.e.1 will be preferred option when compared to 99.

Yes we need a ABAP resource to do this coding.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Puri,

I am not sure. As per my kowledge T-Lane should be only one way direction. It should not be two way direction.Though the valid dates are different.

But why you want to maintain both direction ? it is not recommanded.

Regards

William Sam.