cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status of mtl doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When I do a GR for a purchase order, I get a mtl document which has a GR status of 8 (Inspection lot for external inspection can be created). Does anyone know what controls that setting ? It is resulting in no inspection lot being created. I have the 01 inspection type active for the mtl and the Q info record active as well with inspection on for a certified vendor.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have the vendor set up as a certified vendor, then my guess is the inspection lot is not being created because of this.  To check, remove the vendor certification in the info record and try it again. 

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GS, Kindly excuse me but I could not understand GR Status of 8. Where it gets displayed and how to view it? As far I as know, if the inspection lot is not getting created despite activation of inspection type 01 in material master, then there could be following possibilities.

1. Either in QM info-records you have set No inspection for this material
  2. Or, with inspection type 0130, source inspection is active. Here there can be an option for not to generate the lot after GR, if earlier lot (which get created before GR wtr PO) is ok
  3. Also check of any exit in place for controlling lot creation.

Anand