Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Properties

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the use of Custom Properties in Dimension Object options ??

It is in Information Design Tool .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This property is not currently used for Universe development in Information Design Tool.  I believe it is used for the purpose of the Data Integrator Tool.

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got this on searching about custom properties

custom properties tab allows to add key/value pairs to any object of the business layer. This feature allows two use cases:

- You can add some custom development information to any object (without using the description field which would be visible in webi)

- When at some point a SDK is available, it will allow to read/set those custom properties to the objects (Imagine you programmatically generate a universe from some special source as the old bridges were doing, you could attach its lineage to any object you generated and reuse it later to implement a custom refresh structure)

Can't understand much.

Regards,

Javed

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can some one provide me inputs on this issue, We already SDK in place, So please let us know the use so we can make use of it for this requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3469858

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a good example for you,  but in some of my BW-SQL multisource UNX (to cubes) i get this area prepopulated with schema information:

In my 'normal' universes, this tab isn't used.

regards,

H