Did you mean: 

Need help with folder location change for CV40N

srinivas_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I may need your advice on the below issue

Files when tried viewing through CV40N ,is actually referring to wrong folder

i.e When ever we tried using CV40N.After maintain the part number ,its getting me the popup screen asking to confirm

Its

C:\Users\smark\SAPWorkDir\DSXXXX.DWG
Do you want to grant access to the file

Allow or Deny

When clicked on Allow its not going any further ,basically its point to smark for some documents ,which should have been mburk

What needs to be checked ,your inputs will be helpful since iam pretty new to DMS

Please explain me in details as what needs to be checked and how to rectify the same

Thanks,.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Whenever you open an file from an DIR, the file gets stored in the temporary folder and that's how you are able to see the above indicated file location. No need to worry about this.

And coming to the second point, you can avoid clicking every time 'Allow' or 'Deny' by switching-off security module status to 'Disabled' in SAP GUI. This can be done by navigating to SAP GUI logon pad options-->Security-->Security Settings-->Status.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

If you want you can change your temporary location. The one that you had is a default from SAP but can change it.

You can define data type carrier (PC) to Display, Change and print functions for all Works station application (Tcode: DC30).

In SPRO-->Document management-->General Data-->Define Data carriers you can define temporary path for the data carrier type.

Your upload file path will be different from download path by default.

To see the File Path when it was uploaded right click on the original in DIR and click details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hassan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for valuable input guys,apprichiate your time...Regards,Srinivas