cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to do planning in TECOed WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am not able to do planning in TECOed WBS. I checked in status profile and we have enabled the 'Planning Primary Cost " option. We were able to do planning before and 2 days ago, we moved from SAP ECC6.0 SP3 to SP8 and facing this issue. Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default status TECO doesn't allow change planning, I supposed the standard config was changed and now with SP implementation the config was restarted .

This can be controlled in BS22 and you can change it. ( Status I0045 --> change the business transactions that you need),

My advice is "don't change the standard status" and use a user status, be in mind that this setting can be overwritten by a SAP note, support package etc,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clara is correct.  Changing BS22 is considered a core modification.  The system statuses are used throughout SAP.

What is the business process where you need to planning on a WBS that is Technically Complete?  Better to use a User status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara and Ken,

Thanks for your input. i understand that this change will be considered as core mode... but i am wondering that why in previous support packs this change was not over written.?? we keep applying latest support pack to our system every year, it never broke before..

second point is, I have checked my user status setting and as per setting, planning is allowed in that. even after the setting, system won't allow me to do planning. Does this means, in this case, system status over writes user status? i dont get that.. ??

and business case is, there will be scenarios where costs will come to WBS even after it is TECOed. As our planner wants planning and actual cost to be same, they change planning to meet this requirement. I understand that it should not be done in this case but their business has been running like this since long and its not easy to change the whole process at the moment.. makes sense..?

regards

J Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most restrictive status takes priority, it doesn't matter if it is a system or user status.  If a user status allows something and a system status forbids it the process is forbidden.  You can look in the status information and see what status is preventing a business process.

If your users wants to change planning after TECO it is a simple matter to revoke TECO, change planning, then reset TECO.  Why the plan has to equal the actual is another question entirely.

That's why core mods are taken at your own risk, it all depends on what is included in the support pack on what is updated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will not let you perform planning activities on WBS elements. It could be date planning, cost planning or even project delivery whatever, does not matter.

Change the status back to REL and change cost planning as you needed.

Thanks,

Sudhakar