cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFDM Tool (Shop Floor Dispatching and Monitoring), Technical questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

i am very excited to change knowledge here on the SCN.

Right now I am analyzing the SFDM Tool (Shop Floor Dispatching and Monitoring) and need some more Information, which cannot be found via Internet research. I hope someone, who is familiar with the technical details can support me with answers.

1. Master Data:

- How does the Interchange of master data (such as machine capacities in terms of time/quantities or number of available machines) work between the       SFDM and the ERP System?

- Is there a permanent interface between the SFDM and the master data in the ERP System?

- If so, which of the master data are communicated?

- Are there any limitations?

- Do BAPIs (Business Application Programming Interface) play a role?

- Is any further master data maintenance necessary, if the customer wants to implement SFDM?

2. There is a backend component situated in the ERP System called "SFDM on ABAP 1.0". What is the aim of this component?

3. Does the SFDM work with algorithms? If so, why?

4. Does the SFDM consider other machines in the same production plant?

5. Does it work over HANA?

6. Any further functionalities or restrictions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PEHAM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

you will find many informations in the OSS Note :

1953269 - Shop Floor Dispatching and Monitoring Tool: Information and demo version

Furthermore, if you look in SE80 with package COSFD, you will see the way interfaces between back-end and front-end works. (function group COSFD_INTF) => based on XML exchanges

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

your link is very helpful.

i have a simple question for you: this tool is reccomended for a big quantity of production orders with a lot of operations?

Our customer does not want to use CM25 for this reason.

thank you for your help.

Maria Grazia

PEHAM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

i wouldn't recommend SFDM for performance problem solving, if this is the issue you are facing.

If this is because planners are "lost" with CM25 because of problems for Production Orders selection and so-on, then try SFDM.

There is no new functionality compared to CM2x transactions within ERP.

The benefits are clearly focused on design and user-friendliness:

• interactive logs
  • easy configuration of settings and strategy compared to CM2x TCodes
  • accessible details

Please keep also in mind the fact that this is working for individual capacities (cf. Rough Guide) and related constraints in terms of capacity category (only 0001 is supported).

Best regards.

Pierre-Edouard