Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on System Connection with SAP Query connector

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the system in portal for SAP BI Query Connector, but getting the Connection Test Failure. Could some one tell how I can correct this error.

I am working with NW04s and BI 7.0

The procedure that I had followed as follows:

1. Log in Portal -> System Administration -> System Configuration.

2. Create a New System (from PAR) -> com.sap.portal.systems.bi -> SAP_BI_SAPQuery -> System Name = DRB_SAPQ, System ID = DRB_SAPQ .

3a. Now, In Connection properties

Application Server = <hostname>

Message Server = <hostname>

Client = 001

System Number = 01

Query Area = X

3b. Now In User Management

User Mapping Type = admin,user

Logon Method = UIDPW

4. Created the System Alias = DRB_SAPQ

5. In Permissions given rights to my login of EP with Full Control and also check the checkbox for EndUser

6. Now done the User Mapping, put the User Id and password of BW Server login.

7. Now again come back to the system I created then done the Connection Tests

And now a failure message comes as follows :

<b>Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.</b>

Now I checked the User Mapping which is correct, but don't know how I can correct this error.

Please help me on this.

Regards

Deep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems a permissions problem,

make sure you haven't logs with "permission denied" in BI side.

Regards,

Nacho.

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

I have the role Content Administrator, Super Administrator and User Administrator. Moreover I have given the "Full Control" Rights to myself in the Permissions for SAP Query System which I had created with the check on End User.

If some other place left where I have to give permission, please let me know. Also please tell me where I should see for the logs.

Regards

Deep

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing I want to share that although, the system connection gives failure. But through VC it retrieves the tables from the BW.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

have you a look into the NetWeaver Administrator for more details about the error? I just finished a blog, which will be released in the next day for more details about creating a portal system for using it in VC. I will provide you with the link, when it will be available.

I also will you provide the blog as PDF file in our external portal in the future.

Best Regards,

Marcel

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response. I have not seen into the NetWeaver Administrator, please let me know where I can see that. Also if you have something which you can share, then please send the documents to my email-add [Email removed by moderator] I will be highly obliged.

Best Regards

Deep

Message was edited by:

Mario Herger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the user that you use in the VC mapped to this user in the BW (the user with all the authorizations)?

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The user in BW to whom I mapped in EP has the role SAP_BW_WHM_ADMINISTRATOR_DEV and in profile it has B_ALE_ALL, SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW, S_A.CUSTOMIZ, S_A.SYSTEM, S_BI-WHM_RFC, S_DEVELOP, S_IDOC_ALL, S_RS_ALL, T-SD420007, T-SD4200071, T-SD4200072, and T-SD4200073.

If something is missing, please let me know.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

my blog is now released, you can find it here: <a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer">/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer</a>

The NetWeaver Administrator you'll found:

http://host:port/nwa

There you get detailed logs as well.

Hope that helps,

best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep Nain Kundra,

could you get your problem resolved? I am facing the exact same problem. After following Marcel's guide i could get a connection to the Web AS, but not to ITS and the Test Connection with the Connector also failed.

The messages are:

1.) ITS:

Some of the following parameters are invalid: ITS Protocol () ITS Host Name ()

2.) Connector-Test:

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

I am totally lost, since I am pretty new to SAP NW Portal and VC, so any help is kindly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tobias

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobsias,

Yes I have solved the problem, but not fully. Although I am getting the connection test failure, but the connection which I am using is working after putting the ip of bw Server in EP Server host file and vice-versa.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You do not need ITS settings. Which system template do you use?

Do you connect to R/3 or BI system?

Which VC version do you use?

Make sure that your basis admin configure the backend system.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed NetWeaver Portal through RapidInstaller with SPS07. During the last two days, i updated it to SPS11 and now the connection via the ITS works fine!

So i guess the version of VC is 11, right? Through the Web AS Java's System Information screen i can see that VCBASE and VCFLEX have version 7.00 SP11 (1000.7.00.11.0.20070201121700)

The System i want to connect to is a R/3 system.

Any further ideas? I'd be extremely happy!

Tobias