Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms and dot matrix printer

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a site with do and don't do when i'm using a dot matrix printer?

My problem at the moment is, that i got my address-block left-handed and next to it there is an Infoblock.

I#m using Courier and do got exakt the same heigth, but if there is no letter printed on the left hand, the right and does not do what i want it to do...

All letters do not start at the exakt same value like shown below:

What it do right now:

Address               Infocontent1

line2                 Infocontent2

line3                 Infocontent3

Infocontent4

What i want it to do:

Address                Infocontent1

line2                  Infocontent2

line3                  Infocontent3

How to solve this problem?

I think the main issue is, that a dot matrix print it line for line and not positioned at the pixel-site.

Thank you and best regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

there is a very old CSN note 19807 addressing your subject.

I assume you are using a "line printer" device type  to driver your printer from SAP.

Is there a possibility to connect the printer to SAP via a Windows print server (Windows PC) running SAPsprint print server software from SAP?

If you used SAPsprint, then you could use device type SWINCF (or SAPWIN, if your system is Non-Unicode) in SPAD to drive your printer and the printout would look similar to a laser printer output.

The print process itself, though, could be a bit slower because the Windows driver converts the text to a bitmap (an image) when sending it to the matrix printer, so the data stream is larger.

Best regards,

Alex

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. I solved my problem, printing X in front left-handed at the border, but this is exakt the clue i needed.

Best regards

Florian

Answers (0)