Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving two files when one of them is complete

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone,

I'd to know your opinion about a problem to solve with PI.

PI has to move 2 files (only move them, without content conversion nor mapping) from a FTP to another but it has a condition: there is a data file and a control file, both with the same name and in the same place but different extension (lets supose, example.data and example.ctrl). PI has to move the 2 files ONLY when the control file is completely written (it could happen that the file take several seconds to be written). What do you think?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, I'll give it a try.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with the Amit specified configurations, please do the below configuration also.

In the advanced tab -> advanced mode -> specify the value for modification check.

Regards,

Veerendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This parameter will ensure that files are picked up after completely written by the source system.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veerendra - I think in Juan's scenario the sending system is FTP server. so this parameter doesn't work.

To specify additional parameters in the adapter configuration, set the Advanced Modeindicator.

●      Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed.

This parameter is not available if you have selected File Content Conversion as the Message Protocoland then made an entry under Recordsets per Message that splits an input file into several messages.

This parameter is applicable only for the File adapter. If you enter a value in this field when configuring the sender FTP adapter, it will have no effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

The above parameter Veerendra mentioned can be used if its NFS (FTP on PI server) but parameter has no effect for other FTP.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

just read help.sap.com of FILE adapter this is a standard option to catch files together which have different extension; like "pdf" + "xml".

regards

Mickael