cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Dependant Requirement of Semifinished Material to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario wherein the client is manufacturing cakes, so am planning the Finished goods (i.e FG1) of cakes in APO with MRP type X0.Its SFG which is Base Cake is also planned in SNP since it is a critical component.NOw the client also gets demand for Make to ORder cakes whoose material code is different than the normal cake being planned in APO.So this MAke to ORder (i.e FG2) cake is being planned using strategy 40 and mRP type "PD" and based on sales order.

But the SFG is the same Base cake which is planned in APO.

my problem is dat this requirement from the FG2 goes as dependant requirement to SFG but it does not create any planned orders for Sfg AS IT HAS mrp type X0, also the dependant requirement does not get transferred to APO so this reqmnt is not planned in APO as well.

My question is can we transfer this dependant requiremnt of SFG to APO.

Thanks in adavnce.

REgards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

My question is can we transfer this dependant requirement of SFG to APO.

Yes.

You will have to include the following within some integration models (presumably new IMs specific to this business requirement):

1.  Plant of Parent Material (FERT plant)

2.  Parent Material (FERT)

3.  Component Material (this should already be in an existing model)

4.  Workcenters for Parent material

5.  Production Version for Parent material

6.  Planned orders and Production orders for Parent Material

Since you are not planning the parent materials in APO, it is not necessary to include FERT stock; or any requirements, such as Sales orders or PIRs for these FERTs.

You can leave these material masters as 'PD', which means they will be planned in ECC. You have to find a trigger other than 'X0' to activate the CIF for them.  One way to do this without any configuration or development is to include a list of material numbers that are relevant for this scenario in a special Integration Model.  Or, you can review the list of selection parameters in RIMODGEN to see if any of these may be adaptable to your need.  Optionally, to simplify CIF creation, you can create a new MRP type which is an exact copy of PD (such as "X1"), which would indicate "planned in ECC but master data in APO"; place this in the Material masters of the affected FERTs, and then use this to trigger the CIF.

Since you will continue to plan these FERTs in ECC, you have to take steps to ensure that you do not also plan them in APO (exclusion method depends on your planning method in APO).

You should not publish these FERT planned orders or production orders back to ECC.

Of course, by far, the simplest solution would just be to include the FERTs in APO planning, as mentioned by the other experts.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

I am just thinking.... CCR will be loaded with errors in this case? what do you feel.

as FG orders in APO will not exits in ECC and similarly ECC order will not exits in APO.

But yes, if Raj has genuine requirement, he will have to find out way to ignore all of these.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

Normally, if CCR is run, objects which are not intended to be synched are excluded from CCR reporting and processing.  If it becomes necessary to run CCR for these unsynched FGs orders, there will indeed be entries that will not be correctable, and should not be corrected, as you mention.  These can be mitigated with either manual or programmatic methods.

Again, the simplest solution is to plan these FGs parts in APO.  All awkwardness goes away.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As you aware, what SAP says... when you try to plan any critical material/resource to APO... you have to make sure that all the relevant data should be moved to APO.

e.g. if resouce X is critical.. then all the material using those resource should be in APO..whether those are imp product or not  ... since they are consuming capacity and should be in APO to plan the resource optimal way.

I think it same goes to SFG here, if you want to plan SFG... all the material which are using this SFG should be part of APO.

In your case, i did not tried myself. but create manual reservations (similar quantity generated by FG2 SO and transfer them ... (CFM1 has option for manual reservations).. that can help you to plan the material with right quantity.

Also at the same time, I also wish dependent requirement be should be shown in APO for SFG. Did you checked CCR report for SFG?  what error does it shows for the missing dependent requirement?  I hope there should be error and that could lead us to right approach/ or what SAP APO design expect us. (as i said above)

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I am still wondering why you have put FG2 on PD. Since it receives sales orders which could be CIFed to APO as demand which will generate required supplies for this and dependent demand for SFG also. This means you can plan both SFG1 & SFG2 in SNP with X0 and overall dependent requirement will be available on SFG. For this make sure you have CIF model for sales orders.

Let me know if I missing something in this scenario at least for SFG2 or confirm it helps.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Since demand will be generated thru Sales Order i was wondering why to take it into APO and increase the master data.

Thanks.

Regards,

Raj